Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:28:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixing a broken tail light mount  (Read 5075 times)
biriemon

« on: September 13, 2008, 01:37:18 PM »

Just thought I'd share this fix, guess this is a common problem on some Monsters. 

Problem:  On my wife’s 2003 M620 Plastic beer tray tabs (see funny story on beer tray below) cracked off just below tail light mount hole and taillight is loose.

Fix:  Remove the taillight and superglue the broken pieces back in place for a reference.  Cut two small piece of sheet metal wide enough to drill a hole in it for the tail light stud bushing and long enough to reach the horizontal part of the beer tray.  Drill a hole for the bushing and a small 1/8” or so near the bottom of the metal.  Hold the metal tab in place (use the bushing to align) on the front side of the plastic mount and drill a 1/8” hole through the plastic, front to back.  Pop rivet the tab in place, install the rivet from the back side, reinstall the light an good to go.

Story:  I’m installing some new DP High Mounts on my wife’s bike and my Dad (79 years and still going strong) decides to pitch in and give me a hand (since we keep the Monsters in his nice warm basement for the winter and he can’t help tripping over them).  We get the things installed and keep messing around to get them level and he decides, since the fridge is right there – time for a cold one.  We are working away and I look over at my M800 and there sits his frosty ale, right there on the back fender.  I explain that I just learned why it’s called a “beer tray”

Vino! Vino!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:52:43 PM by biriemon » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: