Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 11, 2024, 12:08:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coffin-reservoir spacers for clip-ons?  (Read 11725 times)
sgs2r

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 03:14:09 AM »

just happened to stumble upon this topic, so i thought i'd add my $0.02...

well, i got the Swatts a few months ago and i can tell you that the coffins will definitely not clear the clip-on brackets on the S2r 800 (05).
i even tried inverting (left bracket to right side and vice versa) the brackets to see if it'll help but to no avail. mine's got 2-1/2" risers... i think this problem would apply to Swatts without risers too... i'm not sure so don't quote me on that...

so i got a biz friend to fab a set of the spacers out of aluminum (he charged me S$50) and used longer bolts (10mm more) to secure the masters in place. dimensions as per picture attached.

clearly, the dimensions are not the same as the one pictured in the earlier post by aa4111 but it works for me.
not sure about other brands of clip-ons...

here's a pic of the spacer now.

the clip-on brackets now clear the reservoirs by a mere millimeter...
keep in mind that adding the spacers mean that you'll have more clearance between the grips and the levers and that those with small hands might not be comfortable with this.

an alternative to solving the clearance issue would be to have longer handlebars. the additional length would have to be at least 18mm, but i reckon 25mm would be a safer bet. i can take measurements for you if you like... looking at the picture below, you'll see what i mean...

the length of the coffins, minus the length of the handlebars not in use(left side) is the length that you need to add, or slightly more just in case.
but i find that this does not help with the lower riding profile and the overall look of the bike... but that's just me...

hope this helps...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: