Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 07:46:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tassie Monster - The Thylacine has new paws.  (Read 19986 times)
Dannog

S4RS

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »

Wow, that bracket make the vid very bouncy. Either that or the road in Tassie are a lot worse than I remember.

Looks like your enjoying it.  [moto]
Yellow Meanie

2000 900Sie

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »

Actually, I don't even have a bracket.
You can see the tank bag has some bungy cord on top, the video camera is strapped on there.
I'll get one of the fuel cap brackets eventually.
Yellow Meanie

2000 900Sie

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »

Whoo-Hoo, more goodies arrived today.

Magura bar,top triple and clutch cover from Spider Exports waytogo
Bar end mirrors from Ebay.

Interesting choice in boxes there Spider laughingdp
Jukie
I need a

Paradise

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 07:48:21 PM »

AAARRRRR that better MR Meanie love that sound. Gee i though your bike wasn't going to start there for a second. Very good vid, just a bit bumpy,cant help that.  waytogo [moto]

Before Honda CB125N
          Suzuki GS125
Now.   Ducati 620ie
          Lambretta Li150
          Ducati S4RT
Yellow Meanie

2000 900Sie

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 10:29:19 PM »

Bugger Angry

Bloody top triple doesn't fit :'(

The diameter of the middle hole is way too large and off centre from the original.
And it will hit the frame near the ignition.

Anyone got any other ideas?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:10:26 PM by Yellow Meanie » Logged
Yellow Meanie

2000 900Sie

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2009, 12:02:11 AM »

So, the triple and bars have been sent back to Spider.  Sad
Thanks for trying anyway mate, at least we know now, that they don't fit waytogo

I've ordered a "blemished" Cyclecat top triple from Ca-Cycleworks. It was pretty cheap, and I'll polish it or powdercoat it or something.
Then I just have to decide on which clip-ons. I'm thinking about the Speedymoto Tall-Boys, but they are a lot of $$$$ Undecided Or then there's the Swatt Moto clip-ons too. I want some with a bit of rise. But I do like the adjustable down angle of the Speedy's Undecided

The new bar end mirrors are on. I love 'em! Not only do they look cool, but the vision from them is soooooooo much better than the stock mirrors.
Eg. from the left mirror, I can see the lane behind me and the lane to the left of me, vice versa for the right.
They are slightly convex so objects in mirror are actually closer than they appear.

I've done a little painting too. Belt covers, sprocket cover and headlight brackets have all been painted black.
And then there's the clutch...

Stock cover from Spider has been drilled, cut, dremelled, filed and painted.
Pressure plate has also been painted - I don't know how long it will last though, might have to get it powdercoated.
Springs were soaked overnight in coke (yes CocaCola, it's really acidic) then hit with the wire wheel to get rid of all the rust.
Spring caps were also hit with the wire wheel. (I do however, have stainless springs and gold caps coming with the top triple) Grin

My gauge housing was also cracked. So I pulled it apart, glued it up, and painted it the same black as the belt covers.
While the front end was apart, I moved the front indicators down a little, cleaned up some of the wiring, and cleaned out a lot of bugs Wink
Oh, and I inspected and greased the speedo cable, and changed all brake and clutch fluids. AND cleaned out a whole lot of crap from behind the front sprocket.

Whoa - busy day...

Time for a few drink
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2009, 03:37:52 AM »

You don't muck around do you.

Well done Mr Meanie.

Believe post content at your own risk.
Yellow Meanie

2000 900Sie

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2009, 08:31:44 PM »

The Post Man arrived today with a box of bling cheeky

I ordered the parts online, on Tuesday afternoon. Within an hour I received a PM from CannedIce saying my parts had been shipped!
Then they arrived today. That's less than 7 working days for delivery from the States Shocked

I'm very impressed with CannedIce and Ca-Cycleworks  waytogo
Betty

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2009, 08:42:46 PM »

Gotta love the 'blemished' clamp. Anything visble?

Yellow Meanie

2000 900Sie

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2009, 10:19:24 PM »

There's a tiny little scratch/mark around the centre hole. Most of which will be covered by the big bolt on top of the stem anyway! Grin

goldFiSh

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2009, 04:38:23 AM »

that's a great pickup. the cyclecat stuff is great waytogo. and yes, chris and the good people at ca-cycleworks have been awesome to deal with for me as well in the past.
EGAS1

2001 M600

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2009, 11:31:57 PM »

The Post Man arrived today with a box of bling cheeky

I ordered the parts online, on Tuesday afternoon. Within an hour I received a PM from CannedIce saying my parts had been shipped!
Then they arrived today. That's less than 7 working days for delivery from the States Shocked

I'm very impressed with CannedIce and Ca-Cycleworks  waytogo

Goodness me Dave you are getting worse than me with the bling, bling, now I know why you are so busy on your days off  Grin

EGAS

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
That's why we call it the present
Yellow Meanie

2000 900Sie

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2009, 02:16:14 AM »

Went for a ride yesterday.
Launnie to Campbeltown down the unmentionable highway Embarrassed, then turned left onto Lake Leake Road.

I've heard riders say it's the best road in Tassie. Never having even driven it in my car, I had high expectations. Well...
I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't real impressed either Undecided
The road surface is quite nice, but nothing special. Traffic was low, especially being a weekday. Corners were mostly long, wide sweepers. Which are fine if you're on a 1098 @ a constant speed of 150+. Some people might go for that sort of thing, but I don't really think it's suited to the Monster, or to my keeping my licence either Wink
So yeah, nice road, not bad, but certainly not the best road in Tassie.

I turned left onto the Tasman Highway (A3) and headed through Cranbrook to Bicheno. I thought this 32km stretch was more entertaining than the 57kms of LL Rd cheeky. Here's the view down towards Freycinet:

As I approached Bicheno, the temperature dropped significantly. The town was covered in a thick blanket of sea fog. [moto]
I can just imagine the pedestrians now, peering into the fog, "What is that noise?"
Suddenly a light appears, followed by a bright yellow blur, and the almighty roar of the Mivvs Evil

Actually, Bicheno is a quiet little seaside town. I just "burbled" through at less than 50 cheeky

A few minutes North is the turn off to St. Mary's, via Elephant Pass [moto]
The first half is a very nice surfaced, tight, twisty, dual lane mountain pass. Beware of fallen rocks and on-coming traffic crossing the unbroken double lines Shocked. The "face" of the pass faces North so the road is well lit during the day.
The second half there is no centre line. The road narrows and the shoulders are, well, gravelly. As the altitude increases the road begins to follow the Southern side of Mt. Elephant. Most of the tight left handers were hidden in shadow, many were wet. There's a couple of right hand 180* switchbacks.  waytogo
Near the top is the World Famous Elephant Pancake Shop!

St Mary's is a nice little place. Bazz and I have had a couple of chug there.

Just before the fun begins again, there is a little park. I thought I'd take a couple more snaps.

Ohh - yeah, check out tha bling

to be continued...

Jukie
I need a

Paradise

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2009, 02:20:49 AM »

keep the bling going Mr Meanie

Before Honda CB125N
          Suzuki GS125
Now.   Ducati 620ie
          Lambretta Li150
          Ducati S4RT
Betty

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2009, 03:49:38 PM »

Actually, Bicheno is a quiet little seaside town. I just "burbled" through at less than 50 cheeky in first

Very subtle  Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: