Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 11:04:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remove rockers and pins. NO SPECIAL TOOLS  (Read 4117 times)
m9hundo

a.k.a. gil

« on: May 16, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »

So I was removing some rockers off a 98 ST2 and was brainstorming how to get them out. I knew the concept of threading a bolt in there and pulling  it out but sometimes they're really stuck in there. So get ready for a tool that comes free with your bike. Look towards your clutch pack, remove one of the springs, spring retainer and bolt. Thats it...Thats your tool. Position the spring over the thread for the pin, put the spring retainer on top of spring, pass the  bolt through and press down until you can get the bolt treading into the pin. Now just get your 4.5mm allen wrench and go to town, they just come popping out. It takes a bit of elbow gease to get the bolt threading with the resistance of the clutch spring. I did this with the motor off the bike. Be careful doing this while motor is in bike because you put alot of push on the spring and this could cause the bike to tip over  bang head. I would recommend getting a longer bolt just so you won't have such of a hard time trying to get it to thread.

whats moepery? moepery is when you expose yourself to a blind person.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: