Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:20:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Street Fighter update  (Read 29585 times)
RetroSBK

« on: May 30, 2009, 11:17:38 AM »

Hey Y'all

Up to about 1200 miles on her now.. Moved a few things, opened up the airbox, moved the footrest out, and the exhaust heatshield in. tool TWENTY ONE FEET of worthless tubing off the bike... The wring is a mess stock, too many bits need 3 ro 4 wires and cables

So a lil list of some of the changes we are going to do for your consideration and comment...

1) Custom Exhaust, endingup with one muffler
2) cut the frame apart, change some of the tubes to oval, and TIG the frame back together. The stock welds are a bit below our usual output
3) custom offset triple clamps. Bring the trail back to a reasonable number and tighten things up a bit.
4) raise the bars and bring them back a bit for a bit less wieght on your wrists
5) Slipper Clutch!
6) Nemesis ECU to unleash the beast... biggest difference you can make Id venture to guess
7) a few carbon parts, airbox, etc
Cool CF wheels why not, right?

9) A serious diet,... gotta admit, gettig 10k worth of Ti fasteners only to get a small box that is soooo damn light is a bit of a let down! lol

Lots more, but if you want it, a bit of an iside look at building what might turn out to be a pretty cool bike.. who knowss

Will

Will Kenefick's Retro Superbike. Bringing you the sickest Sh*t since '94
zvezdah1

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 03:28:48 AM »

Pics if the footpeg and heatshield mod??

Chris
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 06:31:45 AM »

This thread is worthless without pics.

Wink

- Sounds awesome! Keep the updates coming.  waytogo   [moto]

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
nikkimonster

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 09:25:46 AM »

pics please......
RetroSBK

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:48:07 AM »

Ill have an entire buidl thread following this... 

The real kicker is that the bike has to be completed in 30 days... Can you say sleepless nights??

flynbulldog

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:16:10 AM »

So, you are willing to give up the traction control to install a Nemesis? I won't do that on mine, hopefully there will come a better solution.

RetroSBK

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »

The TC isnt that big of a deal to me... the ability to tune the bike properly is more important. My last street bike had about 40 more HP than the Streetfighter, and after about 60 trackdays on it, my right wrist is pretty decent traction control. Retro ya know?

Ok, so the first Streetfighter on the road in the US had a slight modification today... a couple of things fell off, but I just ran out of time to finish it up.

Tomorrow I'll weld up a new engine stand and finish gettin her apart, gotta go pick up a couple pregnant dogin bikes mid day tho...

More as it comes!

flanman

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 05:45:36 PM »

cool.  waytogo

zvezdah1

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 11:07:36 AM »

With all the work planned on it, why didnt you just buy a base model?? I'll look forward to updates on the project!!

Chris

The TC isnt that big of a deal to me... the ability to tune the bike properly is more important. My last street bike had about 40 more HP than the Streetfighter, and after about 60 trackdays on it, my right wrist is pretty decent traction control. Retro ya know?

Ok, so the first Streetfighter on the road in the US had a slight modification today... a couple of things fell off, but I just ran out of time to finish it up.

Tomorrow I'll weld up a new engine stand and finish gettin her apart, gotta go pick up a couple pregnant dogin bikes mid day tho...

More as it comes!
RetroSBK

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 05:51:22 PM »

Well, I doubt that you can buy the forks, shock and wheels for the price difference, even if we are going to redo them, the suspension alone is still worth it... I wont own any bike that doesnt have an Ohlins shock on the rear of the bike!

Made a few more pieces today, the engine stand, etc.. I still need to cut out the 28 pieces we are using the brace the frame up, but have all the templates made up..  MAN I HATE doing projects in this kind of time frame. Engine is going to Desmoto Sport in SF for the build up. Lightened crank, Pankl rods, lightweight ACG, killer pistons, CNC ported heads, bigger valves, different cams, etc.. just a mild build up Wink Looking for 180ish at the tire.

I need to find a Quick Change style rear sprocket carrier... Anyone know who makes a good one that wants some good magazine and TV coverage?

Will

NAKID

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 05:58:26 PM »

So, why the tight timeline? Are you planning to debut it at a Bike Show?

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Fox

succisa virescit

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »

So, why the tight timeline? Are you planning to debut it at a Bike Show?

I can't wait to see the results.

2008 KTM Duke 690
Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 07:08:13 PM »

Engine is going to Desmoto Sport in SF for the build up. Lightened crank, Pankl rods, lightweight ACG, killer pistons, CNC ported heads, bigger valves, different cams, etc.. just a mild build up Wink Looking for 180ish at the tire.

If Scott isn't taking pics for you as he goes through it, give a holler.  I'd love love love to stop by and snap some pics of the engine build.   Grin  Grin

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
RetroSBK

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 08:38:17 PM »

We will be unveiling the bike During the Lagina Seca round of MotoGP on Ducati Island. We are shooting the entire build for air on our TV show, then will be riding it to Laguna Seca with 5 other Duc's all on camera, then showing it, then riding it back...

Spidey, you know how awesome Scott is, and the killer work he does.. but the only pics we can have are the ones we take for the show.. Under contract and all...

Will

Labbedds

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »

paint the frame !  The gold looks kinda funky

Wawawiwa
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: