Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 18, 2024, 05:30:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2R FaceLift  (Read 7510 times)
RB

« on: September 03, 2009, 09:54:38 AM »

My bike has been primered Black for over a year now after taking a nap in the street. She was originally Tangerine(you know, the fast color). here are a concept i have been working on, please give your opinion/idea/changes/likes/dislikes...please don't criticize my photchop skills. Bike is going to paint in two wee

first concept, decided not to do the black sides, i don't think it works with my bike(s2R) (i didn't photoshop this)

This is closer to where i want to go, close to stock....the way the designer saw it when they penned the original monster. (this is my photochop handy work)

i have a few more picks that show the stripe i, but my machine is being a PITA

RB

damianS4RS

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:49:46 PM »

It looks good but I think it would really look great with the black flanks. I think it would differentiate it even more.
RB

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 02:38:26 AM »

and this is one reason it has taken over a year to decide what i want to change. I have been playing around with some vinyl shape, and lettering to get a feel for what i want. The stripes are my favorite, though i like the flank idea, i can't have the stripes as well as the flank. I am trying to borrow traditional Ducati paint schema, but this could all change once i start taping and painting.
This is a crude photochop of the proposed scheme. Notice the fine details, like the word 'monster' on the seat cowl and how they do not line up with each other...magic. The stripe is different then the S4R, and S2R, i copied a Desmosedici stripe proportions and shrunk them to fit, i like the wider side stripe the RR has.

thanks for your input.
RB

WhiteStripe

Monster Addiction

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 05:44:44 AM »

i actually really like the first one...but i am chuckling at your p-shop skillz

2006 S2R 1000, Arrow CF exhaust, FatDuc 02, CF open cc with stock pp
NFJ79

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 10:15:25 PM »

First one looks the best IMO.  Good PS skills.

2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark
RB

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 03:43:46 AM »

Thx for the reply's, however i sense some sarcasm about my mad photochop skillz....jealous.

So why do you like the first pic the most? I had the bike dressed like that, with some vinyl, for a few months to try out how i would like it. It wasn't bad, but i liked the simplicity of the stripe. I should alos mention here that the bike will NOT be a high gloss finish, as we will be using a flattening agent in the clear to make the paint appear to be a single stage or satin type finish.

scott_araujo

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 06:34:55 AM »

Gotta say, I like the first one two.  I might extend the black panel on the tank down a little more.  The stripe is nice but the black side panels on the tank and then mirrored on the cowl are something more unique.  I also think if you're going with matte this paint scheme fits a little better, more old school flavor.

Scott
Raux
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 08:04:41 AM »

i like the first also. but i would take the little 'monster' detail of the second tail and add it to the black tail.
ProTeal55

HalfFastChicago.Com

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 09:03:06 AM »

I like the 1st one...

ProTeal55 a.k.a JoeyCocks a.k.a Joe
Member: Half Fast Chicago

http://www.HalfFastChicago.com
Gus Duc

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 10:54:30 PM »

I like the 1st one too.... now make me some headers & S pipes like that so I can keep my stock cans & see my rear wheel Wink
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 02:12:53 AM »

First one gets my vote RB.
I want to do some paint to my S4Rs next year and I like the direction of the first one.
Seems to me if you are going to paint why make it look the same all be it a slight difference in stripe
width, go bold and do the flanks!

My opinion anyways. 

ghostface
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 11:14:22 AM »

I like the one that has the design like the one on the t-shirt.  Cool
RB

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 11:22:23 AM »

I like the one that has the design like the one on the t-shirt.  Cool

PM sent,.... PITA!

just kiddin rueb

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print