Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 09:32:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just your local Tech saying hi  (Read 1947 times)
motox79

« on: July 19, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »

Hey guys, Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mike, for those of you whom do not know me, i'm a local ducati tech in the Md. area. I spent several years working at Speed's and have since moved on.  I am now working at a small shop in Gaithersburg, and i also do side work. I am facotry certified (well, at least through 2008! haha) and also posess majority of the necessary factory tools (with the exception of the DDS). I am also more than willing to share my knowledge and experiences.
Anyhow, for those of you that don't know me too well, my experiences are not limited to only bikes. I have been and am currently active as crew in the Grand American Road Racing Series (NASCAR's Road Racing Division, similar to ALMS or SPEED WORLD CHALLANGE Series). I have been involved in that since 2001.  I also spent a year+ helping a local Ducat team based out of Herndon Va. in the MOTO-ST series. If you have never seen a live race, i reccomend it. They occur fairly close (Watkins Glen, VIR, NJ Motorsports park, Mid-Ohio, and Limerock).
Additionally, i have been fairly active in the Ducati community, mostly lurking on Speedzilla (though i have grown tired of their politics and namecalling). I usually only post things that are relevant to the topic, and more or less look to just assist with tech tips, or troubleshooting. If anyone ever has a problem that is really stumping them, i urge them to shoot me a PM or Email and i will try my best to help. If you are brave enough to venture into working on your own bike....I ENCOURAGE it....Remember, anything you can break, you can fix!  I'm here to help contribute to what i consider to be a great community of riders.  I have always enjoyed the camaraderie of the Ducati enthusiasts, and can't stand others "bashing" just because someone is doing something "outside the box" I say to each his own, even if its not my cup of soup.
With that said, i look forward to hearing any questions or comments that you may have.
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:09:41 PM »

glad you're here, Mike.   I'm going to post a link to this down in the CAM section for the locals.   It's over on the left under local club boards.

Chris

oh..and thanks for working on Gwendy's 620 so we could do the track day up North.

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
Meerkat
When I'm not playing Silver Power Ranger, I'm a

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 04:04:56 PM »

Welcome, Mike!

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
'03 620 Dark-Sold 03/26/2011
tuanogus
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 04:18:16 PM »

Cheers, Mike! I look forward to giving you some business.
DRKWNG
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 04:49:23 PM »

Hey Mike, welcome to the board.  I haven't met you yet, but I might be bring the SC up from Alexandria some time in the near(ish) future.

Don't forget to come say hello over at CAM.
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?board=20.0
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 01:16:23 AM »

Welcome Mike....I look forward to sending you some work your way in the future...both near and far!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 09:16:16 AM »

Welcome Mike!  Your expertise is very much appreciated here. waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: