Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 13, 2024, 07:12:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NYC Parking Crackdown  (Read 4289 times)
gjsnyc

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 01:44:59 PM »

This was right outside my job at JPM.  They towed all the bikes without plates and ticketed the remainder.  On any given day, there used to be 30 bikes parked right out front. Yesterday and today, there were 0... granted, it's not a legal place to park. 

Anyone riding this weekend?

Monster 1100EVO '12
gjsnyc

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 01:46:01 PM »

http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa377/sleepgreggy/?action=view&current=IMG_1633.jpg

Monster 1100EVO '12
avizpls
TECH

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 02:58:15 PM »

YOU BASTARDS!

speedknot

If a Honda= rice burner, then what is a Ducati?

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 07:53:24 PM »

On the contrary, the city does have db meters.  These units were purchased during a whole "quality of life" summons initiative.  They were used to target those Salvadorian NASCAR imports with the loud obnoxious fart cans and they were used primarily at check points where "QOL" summonses like those would be written.  I'm sure city cops have used them on bikes from time to time. 

2001 Duc M750, Harley Forty-Eight, 1976 Honda CB400F-SS, 1975 CB360T
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 12:23:17 AM »

On the contrary, the city does have db meters.  These units were purchased during a whole "quality of life" summons initiative.  They were used to target those Salvadorian NASCAR imports with the loud obnoxious fart cans and they were used primarily at check points where "QOL" summonses like those would be written.  I'm sure city cops have used them on bikes from time to time. 

Reread what I posted about how they would need to legally test your motorcycle in New York.  It is a drive by test, above and below 35 MPH which means close to impossible.  I didn't put everything about the procedure in, but there are a bunch of other parameters that need to be met, like ambient noise and no walls to reflect sound.  I can't get my fingers on the whole procedure, but I think you get the idea.  Unless the law is changed holding a meter up to your exhaust doesn't cut it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: