Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 02:18:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to clean/detail your monster  (Read 10328 times)
Hawk_Duc

« on: June 16, 2008, 04:02:08 PM »

Just about all you need to know can be found here in the "how to" section--> http://carcareonline.com/

I know a lot of people here are already familiar with this site. In fact, I think I someone from the other board led me to it in in the first place.

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »

I need to figure out how i keep geting black oil stains on my new white collared shirts.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Capt baz

TITANIUM MEAT PUPPET

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 06:19:52 AM »

I need to figure out how i keep geting black oil stains on my new white collared shirts.

connect the dots

"It will not go in deepr than it is long"

2016 M 1200 R, Vivid Black, Termignoni, Rapid Bike EVO, EVOTECH Engine/Cooler guards & Tail Tidy, Rizoma Circuit 851 mirrors, Motodemic Adaptive LED Headlight, carbon fiber everywhere........ Kiss French/Ride Italian
El Matador
Do I need knee pucks for my

'06 S2R1K, '07 695 - Sold, '99 996 - Sold, '04 Hurricane Project

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »

Damn! I get those too! but they're usually red, and lipstick!

RB

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 06:19:29 AM »

i get them too, i think it is from my helmet. I noticed it the other day.
sorry for the threadjack

Binary

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »

What do you use to clean/protect the finish on matte dark plastic finishes? I have a M696 and dont know what to use to clean the tank with.

2009 Monster 696 - Dark
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »

Im skanky with my bike so i will basically put anything on it to wash (ive tried to use brake fluid to clean my wheels).

but usually its a bucket of water, simple green gel in the gallon jugs and a sponge. Other times its a garden hose and honda pro shine.

and for the white shirt thig. ugh, ill just pack my white shirt in my bag and chage afterwords, i can afford dry cleaning every time i wear my shirt. Though this one lebanese dry cleaner run by this family has an HOT DAUGHTER!!! her moms pretty hot too. laughingdp

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
RB

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 06:55:58 AM »

What do you use to clean/protect the finish on matte dark plastic finishes? I have a M696 and dont know what to use to clean the tank with.

Honda Polish or imitations like http://tiltedhorizons.blogspot.com/2007/03/honda-spray-cleaner-polish-is-back-sort.html

cmorgan47

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 07:16:45 AM »

one quick tip on this topic i picked up over the weekend:

do not use the towel that you're wife brought camping.  she had uses other than getting the bugs off your new bike in mind and will not be satisfied with "using the other side."
muscle_cars_only

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 05:58:39 PM »

ZainoBros.  The only way to go. If you don't believe me look at the testimonials section.

02 Speed Triple   Black   16k
04 CBR600 F4i  Red/Black    8k
06 m620  Red
Hedgehog

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 10:32:58 AM »

ZainoBros.  The only way to go. If you don't believe me look at the testimonials section.

Manufacturers cull testimonials and use only the good ones, so they're pretty much worthless to anyone other than the marketer.  Word of mouth is a bit better, if you're able to look at the result.  Word of mouth on the internet?  Well, that's pretty much a popularity contest that's been tainted by marketing.  I've used the Honda cleaner and it's good stuff.  But, usually I use Plexus.  Bug & Tar Cleaner used to be good for fairings until they added the "protective film" to the formulation.  Maybe you can still get it without it - I dunno.  I never use anything that's soap and water based unless I'm going to make sure that it's completely dry when finished, and then spray it with either Plexus or WD-40 as appropriate.  Squeaky clean is not your friend on a bike.
muscle_cars_only

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 10:39:22 AM »

Word of mouth is ALL Zainobros use. No advertising. Go to any top car show and ask the people with the best looking paint what they use! I have 4 show cars and would not put anything on them but Zaino.

02 Speed Triple   Black   16k
04 CBR600 F4i  Red/Black    8k
06 m620  Red
hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 10:48:09 AM »

i've had a cover on my clutch since i've had my bike (2.5 mos). but i'm about to swap it out with a speedymoto open clutch cover. i've got a yoyodyne slipper clutch...

should i avoid getting water in there when i'm washing the bike or at least as much as possible? how do you clean it up in there. i opened it up for the first time to have a peak and it looks like it could use a cleaning/polishing. it's not filthy, just a bit dirty.

thanks

S4 Foggy- tires, battery...
'04 BMW Boxer Cup Replika (R1100S)
BE WATER
Duc Fever

07 S2R1K 09 696(Wifes)

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »

S100, a garden hose, and a leaf blower.  Thats right I said a leaf blower.  They work awesome for blowing water out of all the little nooks and crannies and drying the bike to a spot free shine. Try it.

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him" ~ John Morely
greenohawk69

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »

I just used Simple Green (purchased @ Autozone:  32oz spray bottle = $5, gallon = $10) on my '97 M900 that had one side with fork oil fluid caked on and all over the place.  Sprayed the Simple Green on it and let it soak and went to the other side to continue cleaning.  Used the hose with a sprayer and a rag.  Cleaned the one side and then went to the other side with the fork oil all over - sprayed water on it and the fork oil literally ran off the bike like water.  I was impressed.  Had to use the rag with the Simple Green (rinsed off) and water on the wheels.  Easy cleaning the wheels this way and I was having a hard time trying to clean them earlier with other products. 

Note:  My bike had not been cleaned in ~ 2 months. 

"An enlightened people, and an energetic public opinion... will control and enchain the aristocratic spirit of the government." --Thomas Jefferson to Chevalier de Ouis, 1814

There are 4 boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:  Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.  Please use in this order.  -- Ed Howdershelt
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: