Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 05:06:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The end for Rapid Bike in US...  (Read 36849 times)
moto4us.com

« on: July 22, 2008, 04:33:44 AM »

To make a long and sad story short...Dimsport after tons of miss fires lost all the dealers in US, including importers.

I know, from outside this is weird, but without supporting the product and dealers, without a business plan (including marketing), wrong attitude, lying, no refunds for defective items, no warranty...yes, those are facts and I have to make it public.
Just few examples: after a long fight they agreed (not public, but anyway) that the old RB3 kit doesn't work on '07 up Ducatis and with a long delay they show up with a new RBO2 (O2 simulator)...that didn't work like they promised and "tested", anyway after many upgrades (read another war) it's working...but now modules (RB3) start loosing memory, completely...but who cares, Dimsport (Mr Stefano Cruzzolin) doesn't answer emails this year. The worst case is a local customer who died and this is under investigation by KPD and I suppose this will turn against Dimsport and rbusa big time.
Let's see what else...yes, they promised free replacements (RBO2 for old O2 simulators) to all customers, but after I did that on my expenses they forgot to send the free ones (or money)...same thing with defective RB3s. From now remember, if Dimsport & RB USA promised something free, that will cost you!
RB USA aka Foster Group in NJ..."the importer/distributor" like a comet, you can see this business...but now is gone (not even on BBB records)....anyway they don't answer the phone for 3 weeks now...I hope you don't need a refund from them.

Other then that BBB is working on this in US for Foster and with Italian gov. for Disport and if you want to help (being part and user of a defective RB) just fill out a claim...and also ad your name here for a further lawsuit.
BTW I'm not saying that all the RB's are defective!

I hate this, but you have the right to know...I feel guilty because I kind of started RB in US and now I have to go all the way...out 

OwnyTony

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:11:08 AM »

does this effect the rb2 model? 
Magnus

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:35:29 AM »

a local customer who died?  meaning crashed possibly as a result of one of these rapid bike units and died?

'02 MS4 Black Fog
desmoworks

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »

hum, I talked to Robert (Foster) less than 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. I received the product I ordered?

Anthony Creek
Pro Italia Online || mota-lab
WFO58

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 07:02:42 PM »

hum, I talked to Robert (Foster) less than 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. I received the product I ordered?

My brief interactions with Robert was unsatisfactory. Al, thanks for all your time and work. Rapid Bike RIP.

Ride safe

999 R Xerox, S4RS, KTM 950 SM, GSXR 750, Harley soft tail custom, Honda 750F, Bultaco Astro, Bultaco Pursang, RM 125, Elsinore 125, SL 70, Mini trail, Bonanza minibike.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »

So now there is no way to get a RB3 and we are stuck with DP ECU?

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 05:28:43 AM »

So now there is no way to get a RB3 and we are stuck with DP ECU?

Allegedly Nemesis from Competition Systems will have something for the the larger Monsters late summer/early fall.  They have a product for the 1098/848 and are working to adapt it for Monsters.  Nemesis is a ECU replacement (not piggy-back) like the FIM Ultimap.

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=655.0
moto

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 09:13:48 AM »

To make a long and sad story short...Dimsport after tons of miss fires lost all the dealers in US, including importers.

That would explain why I am getting so many emails from DIMSPORT in Italy to become an importer...
-M

www.motowheels.com

96 M944
98 900SS FE
01 996R
02 MV Agusta F4 750
05 999R
06 SC1000
07 1098
08 M696
desmoworks

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 09:15:14 AM »

EDIT!

I just got off the phone with Robert. I wish I could repeat what was told to me, but to say the least, RapidBike USA is not out of business.

This thread should be removed and moto4us.com should be ashamed of what they are doing. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 09:27:52 AM by desmoworks » Logged

Anthony Creek
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 09:37:05 AM »

EDIT!

I just got off the phone with Robert. I wish I could repeat what was told to me, but to say the least, RapidBike USA is not out of business.

This thread should be removed and moto4us.com should be ashamed of what they are doing. 

Could you provide more color so I know what to put in this thread?
desmoworks

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »

Could you provide more color so I know what to put in this thread?

How about this... they've shipped 150+ RapidBike units today (for all motorcycles) and have hundreds in stock ready to go. All of my dealing have been outstanding with RapidBike and Robert more specifically.

Their technical support and expertise is second to none - if you purchase through traditional venues. I'll let RapidBike and their lawyers get into that as this is not my fight... though I do have an interest in it as I have just started using the RapidBike and will continue to use it and sell it.

Anthony Creek
MotoCreations

Imagination + Engineering = Imagineering

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 10:09:09 AM »

Their technical support and expertise is second to none - if you purchase through traditional venues. I'll let RapidBike and their lawyers get into that as this is not my fight... though I do have an interest in it as I have just started using the RapidBike and will continue to use it and sell it.

Anthony -- thanks for the input and candor.  Keep up the great work as usual!  waytogo

Norm

hurricanemotorcycles.com

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 10:12:53 AM »

Hmmm - popcorn anyone??
desmoworks

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 10:16:51 AM »

Hmmm - popcorn anyone??

lol, you had better settle in for a good one I think  drink

Anthony Creek
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 10:43:18 AM »

ill take nachos and cheese with jalos!

Just 3 months ago, ECS siad they were having a great time with Dimsport and the RB3 units...

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: