Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 16, 2024, 03:24:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Long Way Down" in theaters tomorrow (July 31) - one night only  (Read 2675 times)
tommys67
Captain Slow

'08 Fireblade

« on: July 30, 2008, 09:18:47 AM »

I caught this piece a few minutes ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/arts/entertainment-mcgregor.html

The guys are showing a 2hour version on "Long Way Down" in theaters tomorrow night at 7:30.  It's a limited release - only 450 theaters, but I snagged a ticket for myself!!

Thought you'd want to know!

I live my life as a warning to others.
Founder - www.suspectsunlimited.com
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:00:26 AM »

Only two hours of the 6?  Sad

I was wondering if they were going to show the whole thing.  Now I know.  Cry

Not to spoil it for anyone, but I thought that they were shaving it down too much when they fit it into 6 episodes from the "Long Way Round's" eight.

2 hours seems like it would be not much more than a long trailer.

I will be looking for your review Friday morning.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:06:56 AM by Bick » Logged

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
gnostic203

Lost in Cyber Space

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:46:45 AM »

Its actually a director's cut and not the entire showing for obvious reasons.  They are airing the show on Nat Geo soon.  I can tell you from my experience the book of Long Way Round really filled in the blanks of where the TV show missed out.  I'd assume the same for Long Way Down but I haven't read the book yet.

Anyway I actually just printed my tickets for me and the misses, should be fun no matter what.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 08:20:22 PM »

waytogo  I'm going waytogo

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 06:43:27 PM »

Im back.

It was really really good.  I'd like to see the other 4 hours now.

I've never wanted an adventure bike so bad in my life.  Before now, they didn't exist to me.  They DO have a purpose laughingdp

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
S4ROB

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 07:33:25 PM »

VEHOTV

http://www.veoh.com/veohTV/getStarted.html?CMP=KNC-googveohcontent&HBX_PK=veho%20tv&HBX_OU=50

You can watch it here. They also have the "Long Way Around"

"Guns. You think you have enough, until the ZOMBIES come."
Gunslinger's Journal
bulldogs2k

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »

Dual sports ROCK!  I used to think these types of riders are geeky but boy was I wrong!
Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 11:39:39 PM »

Dual sports ROCK!  I used to think these types of riders are geeky but boy was I wrong!

No, you were right.

But it still looks like fun.   waytogo

Duc Fever

07 S2R1K 09 696(Wifes)

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 12:03:56 AM »

Missed it Angry Dallas was all sold out by 10:00AM Thanks for the VEOH TV link though!

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him" ~ John Morely
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: