Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 09:13:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: s2r 800 camshaft options  (Read 3913 times)
rinsomniacc

« on: August 03, 2008, 12:10:50 AM »

Was curious if there were camshafts out there for the 800 engine. Is it possible to fit the 1000 cams in an 800 engine?
brad black

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:58:36 AM »

you can fit any of the older 900 cams with spacers.  1000 cams are totally different.  bruce meyers has done a fair bit with them.

Brad The Bike Boy

http://www.bikeboy.org
crash_duc

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 10:09:03 PM »

Anybody have some data on the lift/duration changes this gives you?
rinsomniacc

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »

I have heard that the same thing could be done with 1000 cams from an s2r 1k or hyper motard but have yet to verify any of it. i have done countless searches online with no luck.
squidwood
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »

i thought that the DP catalogue listed some for the s2r 800
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 10:50:28 PM »

pm brad black.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
killerniceguy

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 04:23:26 PM »

I don't have a DP catalogue.  Can somebody with a DPC verify this? 

i thought that the DP catalogue listed some for the s2r 800

S2R800 race bike.  www.ducaticup.com
brad black

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 08:34:47 PM »

nothing available from dp for 800.

bruce meyer posted this somewhere else, (i don't recall where now, i copied it into a word document to keep):

I've been playing with these things for some time now. It is easy to put older cams into the new 620/800 heads. If anyone needs spacers machined, I can ship within 1-2 days and would include a drawing of how to assemble.

Here's some of my experiences, and remember, I'm just a farm boy from NH and don't have science backing this up, just real world results.

If you have unported heads, just use the stock cam.
If you have invested or plan to invest in ported heads there are a couple options,
--900SS Carby cams: give a nice increase from 4000 rpm up with avg +4 rwhp over stock cam.
--ST2 cams: Net a bit more on top end rwhp with no loss of midrange.
--900SSie cams: Net alot more on top, maybe 2-4 more rwhp than carby cams but a slight loss at 4500 rpm. I think that dip could be tuned out with a good pipe.
--V2 212 cams: Exactly the same as 900SSie cam results
--V2 210 cams: Exactly the same as ST2 cam results

Be aware that it is best to use an FIM ecu with the lower break points moved up high because the engine will now rev to 10500. Get the bike mapped by someone who knows what they are doing and you'll easily get over 90 rwhp.

For a primarily track day/spirited canyon bike, I'd use Pistal pistons, stock or 900SS carby cams (often available used), MBP collets and definitely recommend head porting. For 2-valve heads, I charge $795 (plus parts if needed, valves/guides/collets etc) and return them assembled and ready to install. I prefer to get them intact so I can see the situation I'm starting with but will accept disassembled also. Contact me at meyersbruce@yahoo.com for more info.

For an expert racer I'd use Pistal +3 high compression pistons with +3 rods, 900SSie cams, headporting, oversize valves, MBP collets, good 2:1 pipe and FIM ecu. Done right, this setup usually lasts 2 full race seasons here in New England, provided the motor is properly fogged after every weekend. Some head castings are better than others but 90-95 rwhp is a good target and reliable.

Brad The Bike Boy

http://www.bikeboy.org
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 12:08:53 AM »

waytogo

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: