Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 06:33:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 696 Pazzo lever install  (Read 12943 times)
T. Rush

« on: August 20, 2008, 01:45:55 AM »

After first posting in the "how to" looking for info on pazzo lever installs I soon realized the 'how to" is for 'how to" rather than asking how to. Anyway I bought pazzo gold levers with red adjusters for my red 696. Installing the levers were easy. As someone mentioned before just don't drop the small locating pins and use some loc-tight on the nut threads when tightening. It helps to cup your hand under the old lever when removing to catch the pin if it does drop. Grease cup in new lever and bolt that locks it in place. Rather simple. Now if I wasn't such a computer idiot I'd post pics. Would someone please pm me with instructions if possible. Thanks

Remember to define the space you occupy
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:49:08 PM »

PM sent.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
T. Rush

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 12:32:49 PM »

Here goes an attempt at posting some pics. Hope it works

T. Rush

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 12:36:54 PM »

Clutch lever, standards and Brake

I went with the standards because I thought the shorts would look too stunted with the bar ends mirrors
Hope this helps, Ray

T. Rush

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 12:40:28 PM »

Sorry about that, Will try again.

BaZgA

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 01:01:50 PM »

After first posting in the "how to" looking for info on pazzo lever installs I soon realized the 'how to" is for 'how to" rather than asking how to. Anyway I bought pazzo gold levers with red adjusters for my red 696. Installing the levers were easy. As someone mentioned before just don't drop the small locating pins and use some loc-tight on the nut threads when tightening. It helps to cup your hand under the old lever when removing to catch the pin if it does drop. Grease cup in new lever and bolt that locks it in place. Rather simple. Now if I wasn't such a computer idiot I'd post pics. Would someone please pm me with instructions if possible. Thanks

Can U send some pictures from distance?

It would be good to have gold front forks or something else. This is then only gold part on bike?
T. Rush

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 03:19:33 PM »

yes only gold. Don't feel the need to balance the colors as of yet. Just thought gold would look good.

jandie

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »

As someone mentioned before just don't drop the small locating pins and use some loc-tight on the nut threads when tightening. It helps to cup your hand under the old lever when removing to catch the pin if it does drop.

First of all, Thank you for posting this up.
Second, sorry to be such a n00b, but:
1. can anybody post up a pic of what this pin/nubby looks like please?
2. does anybody have a step by step pic/video of how to do this?  Is it similar to:

Again, sorry for the demanding n00b request  Embarrassed... and Thank you once again!! waytogo applause

09 Monster 696 (Pearl White): CF Termi, Rizoma Lux Grips, Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors, Pazzo Levers, CW Fender Eliminator, White Reflective Rim Tape, <more to come soon>
Takster

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 09:13:47 PM »

First of all, Thank you for posting this up.
Second, sorry to be such a n00b, but:
1. can anybody post up a pic of what this pin/nubby looks like please?
2. does anybody have a step by step pic/video of how to do this?  Is it similar to:

Again, sorry for the demanding n00b request  Embarrassed... and Thank you once again!! waytogo applause

Jandie,
It's really ridiculously easy.  If you follow the vid, you should be all set.  The only thing you can really screw up is overtightening the nut upon reinstallation.  Don't do that.  It seriously took me all of 10 minutes to do, and I'm kind of a moto-retard.  In any case, it's a great mod.  especially if you have stubby short fingers like me.

~T

'09 Monster 696
jandie

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »

Jandie,
It's really ridiculously easy.  If you follow the vid, you should be all set.  The only thing you can really screw up is overtightening the nut upon reinstallation.  Don't do that.  It seriously took me all of 10 minutes to do, and I'm kind of a moto-retard.  In any case, it's a great mod.  especially if you have stubby short fingers like me.

~T

Grin Yes I do have stubby short fingers...  chug.  Thanks for that encoruagement, I think I have enough confident to do it now - I'm just being paranoid since this will be my first mod to the bike  Embarrassed
Thanks again!

09 Monster 696 (Pearl White): CF Termi, Rizoma Lux Grips, Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors, Pazzo Levers, CW Fender Eliminator, White Reflective Rim Tape, <more to come soon>
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: