Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 12:09:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/favorite thing someone's said about your Monster?  (Read 359313 times)
optiato

'07 695

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »

I'm waiting for the rest of the story as well.

popcorn
Old-Duckman

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 01:06:35 PM »

Probably my fav was from a young worker in an auto parts store. "That is the best sounding motorcycle I've ever heard." Well ya figure that he was early 20's so he hadn't heard that many but... BTW, S2R-1000 w/ Spark mid pipe and Arc Fabrication , baffled, slash cut megs.

An old timer at the John Deere dealer: "I bet that's a real road burner."

Nice thread BTW.
jclin

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 01:23:18 PM »

My gf grabs my ass every time she is near my bike and me at the same time. So, does it count if she doesn't _say_ anything?
Jarvicious
The guy in my avatar wants your

Balls

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 02:16:39 PM »

I guess this one wasn't really a compliment, per se, but it still makes me laugh.  I parked on the side of the road downtown at 11:30 in a college town......

Get off bike
Drunk Dude #1:  Sell it
Me: huh?
Drunk Dude #1:  Sell that shit.
Me (still equally confused, pause for a second, then..): huh???
Drunk Dude #1:  That shit's gotta be worth hella bank (and no, I'm not making this up)
Me, becoming more afraid to leave bike in said location: it wasn't that much.  Why would I sell it?
Drunk Dude #1, with his friends becoming confused as well: Worth what, like 50 G's???  Sell that shit.
Me, totally baffled: I just bought it, why would I sell it??
Drunk Dude #1 finally looses interest.  I proceed on to delicious late night mexican.

We're liberated by the hearts that imprison us.  We're taken hostage by the ones that we break.
DucLeone

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »

a few weeks ago coming home from Indy on I70,
just cruising in the passing lane (Ducati jacket, dark helmet, dark visor)
ready to pass a Dodge Ram at moderate speed not speeding ,the back glass opens up and a cute chick takes a picture with her cell and gives me a  waytogo so of course i wave back and gone i was [moto]

feels preety good  Cool

DUCATI NON E UNA MOTO, E UN STILE DI VIVERE
KISS FRENCH AND RIDE ITALIAN
S2R 800 Black
akmnstr
What a Handsome

The Puppy Killer

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »

I just remembered this one that I’ve been holding onto for a long time.  It is September 11, the September 11.  I hear the news about the World Trade center on the clock radio as it wakes me up (I never set my radio to that station again).   In shock I go to work.  About an hour after I get to work the President sends us home, I’m a federal employee.  I tell the boss I just want to get a few things done.  He says, “get the hell out.”

I’m not sure what to do but soon decide I’ll take a long ride on the monster to get my head clear.  I need something (don’t remember what it was) and stop at an autopart store on my way out of town.  Inside the news is on and I start a conversation with the 2 guys there about the events of the day.  I mention that I have just been dismissed from work.  One of the guys, who looks to be Arab American, said, “Those damn govt. people get off for every damn excuse.” 

I go ballistic and fire back, “F*ck you.”  I must have had fire in my eyes cause I wanted to tear the guys head off.  He must have realized that his job might be on the line if this escalated any further and he walked away.  I payed for my stuff, walked outside, started my bike, began putting on my gear, and out walked the guy that I just had the confrontation with. 

He says, “I heard your bike and I thought it was a Harley but there was something different about the sound.”  He goes on to complement the bike.  Now there is a lot more to this little conversation than discussion about the bike.  It was mostly about the day and the tense emotion of the moment and acknowledging that we both understood why we had our altercation.  And all that was accomplished by sound of a monster and a few nice words about Ducati.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:41:47 PM by akmnstr » Logged

"you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas!!" Davey Crockett & AKmnstr

"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."
Charles Darwin

"I don't know what people expect when they meet me. They seem to be afraid that I'm going to piss in the potted palm and slap them on the ass." Marlon Brando
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 03:35:43 PM »

Her: Uh... I don't think I am going to fit on that.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »

Female coworker:
                           "Can you take me for a ride? I have been on many bikes, but never on a real one"

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
factorPlayer

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »

Female coworker:
                           "Can you take me for a ride? I have been on many bikes, but never on a real one"

Nice  waytogo
dklay

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 05:01:45 PM »

The other day ( the FIRST day I had EVER ridden my Ducati to work -- (just got it last Tuesday)) a guy came into my store:

Guy: Is that your Ducati outside?
Me: Yeah, just picked it up
Guy: You know, only Studs ride Ducatis!
Me: What can I say to that?
DucatiBastard

"Apollonia" '06 S2R 800

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 05:39:33 PM »

I didn't actually hear this but as i was sitting in Hardees with the bike parked outside (i sat so i could watch it, of course)  business-suit guy goes walking by, does double-take and i see him say "whoa..."

huge grin through the rest of my burger.  Grin

Give a man a beer, and he wastes an hour.
Teach a man to brew, and he wastes a lifetime.

2006 Ducati S2R 800, 2004 Honda Dream 50R, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 1940 BSA M20
Valor

2003 Monster 620 Dark

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 06:41:59 PM »

I'm waiting for the rest of the story as well.

popcorn

Ahem, wife, kids ... I just left with the biggest grin I've had in years.

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »

I knew he wouldn't say anything. After all......discretion is the better part of valor  laughingdp

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
akmnstr
What a Handsome

The Puppy Killer

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 07:38:10 PM »

Okay, I asked for it, but I must say this is the biggest let down of the day. vomit laughingdp

The answer I had dreamed up was way better applause

"you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas!!" Davey Crockett & AKmnstr

"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."
Charles Darwin

"I don't know what people expect when they meet me. They seem to be afraid that I'm going to piss in the potted palm and slap them on the ass." Marlon Brando
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2008, 08:04:23 PM »

While getting gas one day, the pump jockey (Oregon has no self-serve gas) says:

"Man, that bike looks criminal."

Evil

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: