Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 19, 2024, 03:23:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/favorite thing someone's said about your Monster?  (Read 369631 times)
comonster

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2008, 04:21:07 PM »

Went for a ride with a friend that rides a cbr1000rr with a Yoshi pipe. After the ride he tells me "I like that I can hear your bike over mine when your 50 feet behind me." I told him I like that too.  The same guy as I am pulling up to the parking lot at work tells me good luck sneaking up on anybody on that thing I could hear you from the top of the hill, Id say its between a quarter to half a mile away...   chug
duc996

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2008, 04:57:03 PM »

It looks and sound like a freight train man!(i love it)

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
ducatsSF

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2008, 05:14:40 PM »

two things:

Lotta tourists during the summer, and I find one senior looking guy inspecting my 750.  I find out he's a engineer from Russia, then he tells me y vodka can cure most ailments, and he ends our discussion with "this motorcycle, is really perfection, huh." 

the other time was someone pulling up beside me, and telling me that he was going home to tell his wife about my bike cause "ducati's always get her excited"    popcorn
Slag
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2008, 05:58:22 PM »

To my wife on her 696:
"Why did you put duc stickers on a Brutale?"
truckinduc

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2008, 06:11:30 PM »

hell my bike used to set car alarms off at idle. I once cranked my bike at my house and revved it a little as i was tuning it. About 5 seconds later i get a phone call from a friend who lives 2 miles away. He tells me how long my bike was running and that i revved it twice. It sounded like a helicoptor with my version of the quatD x box. Good times.
mbalmer

Ready to ride

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2008, 06:49:23 PM »

There is a click of neighbors that live down the street that call me "Ducati Bill."  Best nick-name I've ever had. 

That's great. Ducati Bill=Duc Bill=Duck Bill. Duck bill...get it? Duck bill. Okay, I'm tired. I'll go put my head down now.

All my sixth grade students thought my Ducati was the coolest bike ever. They also thought it was cool that someone really old like me could ride it. It was a good sounding, good running bike, but it was pretty beat up. I sold it and am now bikeless. I'm getting impatient for another one.

Is it June yet?
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2008, 05:43:41 AM »

I like riding through the high school parking lot (I have to drive buses up there every now and then).  All the teenagers feel the need to set their alarms super sensitive.  You get the picture  Grin

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2008, 06:14:26 AM »

The other day a guy was looking at my S4RS and said, "Your bike is so hot I want to have sex with it!"

I was so disturbed by this that it took about 10 minutes before I realized it was a compliment.

Another guy looked at it and his face became extremely sorrowful.  He said, sounding like someone in mourning, "I want one of those sooo bad."

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

nkryptit

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2008, 07:20:54 AM »

Getting off my bike today at work, a college freshman walks by and says "Hey, I like your ducati.  Good job being real"  or something like that...Not really sure how a ducati is more REAL than anything else, but I guess if you consider guys on rice rockets posers or something...  All and all, it felt good, always like attention.
zedsaid

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2008, 09:44:45 AM »

Not to me, but a stranger to his young son...

Guy (late 30s?) holding his son and checking out my bike:  "You're my little motorcycle."

I thought that was cute.

You misinterpreted.  What he meant was, "Because i have you, mommy won't let me have a bike.  She thinks i'll kill myself and leave you fatherless.  Mommy sucks."

Red 696- You can call her Isabella.
hankthe8th

2007 S4R(T)

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2008, 09:52:51 AM »

Pulled up to a stop light behind and to the side of this old man in an old POS truck. He leaned out of his window and looked back at my bike, shaking his head in amazement. He had the biggest grin on his face. Pointed to his Triumph sticker on his back window. Put his hand up behind his ear to get a better listen and I pulled in the clutch for him. No communication for the entire light cycle; but there were plenty of smiles, thumbs up's, and looks of joy. Best complement I've ever gotten.

Still waiting for boobies though.
akmnstr
What a Handsome

The Puppy Killer

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2008, 09:53:07 AM »

That's great. Ducati Bill=Duc Bill=Duck Bill. Duck bill...get it? Duck bill. Okay, I'm tired. I'll go put my head down now.

laughingdp laughingdp vomit Grin

Now that you've had some sleep I'm sure: you are refreshed, see the world more clearly, and your sense of humor has been restored to normal.

"you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas!!" Davey Crockett & AKmnstr

"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."
Charles Darwin

"I don't know what people expect when they meet me. They seem to be afraid that I'm going to piss in the potted palm and slap them on the ass." Marlon Brando
RavnMonster

05 S4R

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2008, 10:02:41 AM »

Ive heard, your bike is like "mechanical art" multiple times.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
-- Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
DucatiM620

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2008, 10:14:35 AM »

I have had numerous people comment on how beautiful it is and the sound. And There are usually quite a few people at stoplights who will look/stare at my bike.

One time I was riding down the freeway and I saw a bike coming up behind me in the lane to the left of me. He was on (I think) an fzr600 or older R6. He came up next to me and started pacing me. I looked over and gave him the peace sign and noticed that he was looking over at my bike and nodding and he gave me a thumbs up, then rode off. I thought it was pretty cool.

03 Monster 620S
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2008, 10:15:30 AM »

"Your tank makes my boobs look HUGE!"

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: