Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 12:11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/favorite thing someone's said about your Monster?  (Read 369662 times)
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2008, 07:16:14 PM »

oh yeah, one more. two weeks ago I'm riding with a co-worker that has a 2009 cbr600rr. After riding some twisties I offer to trade and let him ride mine. After a few miles we pull over and he says..."man, that sucks." I reply "what sucks?" He says, looking very sad i might add, " I didn't want to trade back." One of the best comments I've heard yet.

That's a little game I like to call "Just the tip, Just for a little bit."

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
Danmack_98

'09 dark m696

« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2008, 07:21:53 PM »

I've only had the duc three days, but the "Ducati moments" just keep comin'.  On a short ride today, a cop car pulls up next to me as we roll downtown.  I glance over and catch the cop in the passenger seat eyeing my ride.  He looks at me and gives me the thumbs up!  Yesterday I went to show off to a friend who's had a nice sv650 for three years now.  I let him take it out and around a couple blocks.  He said he liked it, but didn't act overly impressed.  Later I hear from another friend that he had said that the monster felt like ten times the bike the sv is!!  That's what I thought, but awesome to hear it from someone who owns an sv!

"That bike looks like if you knocked it over, it would stand itself up and kick your ass!!"
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2008, 11:55:30 PM »

That's a little game I like to call "Just the tip, Just for a little bit."

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp Those were the days  waytogo

I also remember "laying it on the thigh and talk it in" Evil

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Roscoe

« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2008, 08:23:29 AM »

So, my bud goes out and buys a red Hyper S, full termi, speedymoto, DP, the whole shebang. Only thing is, he doesn't ask the wife-to-be first. Brings it home and thinks he can "hide" it in the garage for a bit. Needless to say, when she finds it she freaks out and nearly leaves him for not talking about it first. Fast forward a few weeks, they're over at my house, we walk down to the garage since she's never seen my bikes. First thing out of her mouth, speaking to her boyfriend, "WOW, his bike is much nicer than yours..." Grin Grin I nearly fell on the floor laughing. Sad thing is, mine's just a '99 monster with a few changes, and custom paint.
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »

Sometimes the best thing said about my bike is not said at all.  You see it in their eyes.  They are speechless.  This is no joke.  I get "The Look" quite frequently.  If these people were emoticons they would be...

bow down

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

DW

« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2008, 01:25:02 PM »

I've ridden with my boss a couple of times.  He's got three bikes, all worth a lot more than mine.  The funny thing though is how I always get complements on my bike in front of him, but people just ignore his bike.  It drives him crazy, especially when he is on his $18K R1 Limited Edition.  Nobody realizes there is anything different about that bike but my used $8,000 S2R 1000 catches their attention.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2008, 03:31:12 PM »

Sometimes the best thing said about my bike is not said at all.  You see it in their eyes.  They are speechless.  This is no joke.  I get "The Look" quite frequently.  If these people were emoticons they would be...

bow down

People are frequently speechless upon seeing my bike, too.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
scienceiscool

2005 S4R

« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2008, 09:34:09 AM »

HUsband rides a Daytona 675.  Last week he rode my bike to work for a change ( I generally bicycle to work, so the monster sits around all week being sad). 

Coworker in parking lot:  Hey, you got a new bike!
Husband: Nah, this is my wife's bike.
Coworker: Wow, her bike is so much more awesome and badass than yours!
Husband: ...yeah.  sigh.
Autostrada Pilot

« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2008, 10:25:25 AM »

bow down

I often get this look from men in minivans.  Oh how their dreadful life has beaten them down (and it shows so easily on their face).

2003 Monster 620 Dark - Sold

1999 Monster 900 City - Sold

After 7 years of Monsters, I'm sadly bikeless right now.
MTBryan

« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2008, 11:08:15 AM »

I was riding yesterday and stopped by a local Suzuki dealership to get a few things. I was inside and looked out only to see another rider taking pictures of the Foggy with his point and shoot camera. All angles, high, low, tight, loose.
When I came out he said, 'I hope you don't mind that I took a few pictures of your beautiful bike'. I said, 'A FEW pictures?'.

He was a very nice guy, so I wasn't worried about him taking photos. He also said he wanted to trade all of his bikes in for an M900.

Smiley

Oh, and this is my 100th post. So, I am a full member.

YEAH BABH! No more newbie poster feelings of inadequacy ! ! !
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 11:10:38 AM by MTBryan » Logged
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2008, 12:10:50 PM »

I often get this look from men in minivans.  Oh how their dreadful life has beaten them down (and it shows so easily on their face).

LMAO! 
My wife tried to buy a minivan once......ONCE! 

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
Jarvicious
The guy in my avatar wants your

Balls

« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2008, 01:03:06 PM »

Hey, I drive a minivan!!!!  Angry.  But I get paid for it, plus I have a monster  Grin Grin.  That's probably as good as the look I get from people staring at a 20 something guy in a 07 Caravan listening to 3 inches of Blood in the middle of rural Missouri.

We're liberated by the hearts that imprison us.  We're taken hostage by the ones that we break.
be350ka

« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2008, 01:53:52 PM »

In some cases the best response is no response at all.  I was sitting in my buddies living room with my monster parked in the parking spot right by the front door.  I walked by and noticed a guy standing on the sidewalk looking over the bike....from the left, right, front, and back.  A minute or two went by and he started walking again only to stop and look back. 

I thought that was pretty cool. 

But, maybe he was thinking about stealing it?Huh? Shocked
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2008, 02:51:26 PM »

Hey, I drive a minivan!!!!  Angry

You'll never get that time back...

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2008, 03:25:08 PM »

This one takes the cake:   Hey, nice Buell!   I just said thanks and rode off laughing...    laughingdp

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: