Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:08:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Koup's Cycle Shop in Harrisburg  (Read 8922 times)
cletus_cassidy

« on: August 26, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »

Has anyone had any experience with Koup's Cycle Shop in Harrisburg?  They are the closest dealership to me and I'm looking to get my 7500 mile service performed on my 2007 S2R 1000, among other things.  I have no sense of whether they are knowledgeable or fair in their pricing and would appreciate any insights anyone might have.  Thanks in advance.
lauramonster
pissin' on this thread with your

Ride it like you stole it.........

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:27:12 PM »

Sorry, I haven't.  I'll ask around for ya'. Wink

Frickin' snow!
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 08:08:21 AM »

If I recall correctly, they aren't too bad, but i think most people go to Mikmar.

we have a thread started about it on devalmostro.net thanks to laura.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
cletus_cassidy

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »

If I recall correctly, they aren't too bad, but i think most people go to Mikmar.

we have a thread started about it on devalmostro.net thanks to laura.

Thanks.  Mikmar is bit out of my way as I'm in Philly, but my parents (who have the truck) live in Lancaster so Harrisburg would be closest.
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:03:21 PM »

Thanks.  Mikmar is bit out of my way as I'm in Philly, but my parents (who have the truck) live in Lancaster so Harrisburg would be closest.

if you are in philly, you might be able to get a ride home from one of us if you drop the bike off at martin's

Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

lauramonster

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 04:33:30 PM »

Good idea!!! 

Frickin' snow!
cletus_cassidy

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 07:34:48 AM »

if you are in philly, you might be able to get a ride home from one of us if you drop the bike off at martin's

That would be awesome.  I'm thinking of trying to hold out until next spring now, as most of the things I want looked at don't appear to be too time sensitive.  Mostly just want to get new tires, adjust the suspension and get a groaning in my clutch looked at (I think it's warped pressure plates).
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 08:03:19 AM »

That would be awesome.  I'm thinking of trying to hold out until next spring now, as most of the things I want looked at don't appear to be too time sensitive.  Mostly just want to get new tires, adjust the suspension and get a groaning in my clutch looked at (I think it's warped pressure plates).

it's a dry clutch so the pressure plates you should be able to look at yourself.

for the suspension, we have a couple of people on devalmostro.net that are pretty handy with it and can help you out, possibly even help you adjust it in person.

if you need valves done, it's time consuming, but not extremely difficult.
belts are easy to do too.

the tires though, that's something that you would be better off going to a shop for. the only person i know with a tire machine is way out west. (further than h-burg) and you can get tires done in amny places while you wait.

give that a look and if it doesn't give you a warm IZ_ then take it to the shop.
we are a pretty friendly bunch with decent knowledge (and we are cheaper than the $75/hr shop labor rate)

lauramonster

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 02:53:18 PM »

I'm quiet, cause I've got DNS across my forehead.

Red Star Moto adjusted my suspension.  I'm pleased.

I've recommended him to another and they are pleased also. 

I'll ask him to post shop info.

Frickin' snow!
cletus_cassidy

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 06:40:29 PM »

Awesome, thanks so much.  Re: the clutch, it's my first dry clutch so I really know nothing.  I'm getting a groaning sound when I start from a standstill (not every time, but often enough) and I'm assuming it's the pressure plates.....  I'm not even sure what I would do to the plates to rectify the problem.

Also, my rear tire just went completely flat.  Do you have any recommendations for shops in Philly or immediately outside that will do a good job for a reasonable price fixing/replacing the tire? 

Thanks again!

it's a dry clutch so the pressure plates you should be able to look at yourself.

for the suspension, we have a couple of people on devalmostro.net that are pretty handy with it and can help you out, possibly even help you adjust it in person.

if you need valves done, it's time consuming, but not extremely difficult.
belts are easy to do too.

the tires though, that's something that you would be better off going to a shop for. the only person i know with a tire machine is way out west. (further than h-burg) and you can get tires done in amny places while you wait.

give that a look and if it doesn't give you a warm IZ_ then take it to the shop.
we are a pretty friendly bunch with decent knowledge (and we are cheaper than the $75/hr shop labor rate)
mdriver

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 10:28:33 PM »

Do you have any recommendations for shops in Philly or immediately outside that will do a good job for a reasonable price fixing/replacing the tire? 

On Vine st. just west of 4th is a little shop called Spare Parts Co. They specialize in euro bikes.
Their # is 215-922-2214  I think its only a 2 man shop, so if they dont answer the phone just leave a message.

The owner Rowland has always been good to me and many people from the Philly riders group swear by them.

Bike Info: 2001 Ducati M750 Dark, 2007 Triumph Bonneville
cletus_cassidy

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 09:31:05 AM »

On Vine st. just west of 4th is a little shop called Spare Parts Co. They specialize in euro bikes.
Their # is 215-922-2214  I think its only a 2 man shop, so if they dont answer the phone just leave a message.

The owner Rowland has always been good to me and many people from the Philly riders group swear by them.

Great, thanks!  I will give them a buzz.
lauramonster

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »

here's what others had to say about Koups:

i bought a bike there. i got my 6Ks done there on both bikes too...anyway here is my scoop, keep in mind ive ranted before about that place on the DML

1. they sell bikes not a relationship
2. they have one guys "matt" who is parts and knows his shiat
3. so far the "authorized trained mechanic(s)" seems to get the job done..at some point
4. no shop organized rides
5. the one sales guy is an d!cksmack. enough that it keeps me away, unless i really need something.

interaction example 1 - needed a second black key because i lost one. ended up "needing" the whole console/security system replaced (?). too many head scratches and calls to ducati by them

you get the point right?

Frickin' snow!
cletus_cassidy

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 05:43:37 AM »

here's what others had to say about Koups:

i bought a bike there. i got my 6Ks done there on both bikes too...anyway here is my scoop, keep in mind ive ranted before about that place on the DML

1. they sell bikes not a relationship
2. they have one guys "matt" who is parts and knows his shiat
3. so far the "authorized trained mechanic(s)" seems to get the job done..at some point
4. no shop organized rides
5. the one sales guy is an d!cksmack. enough that it keeps me away, unless i really need something.

interaction example 1 - needed a second black key because i lost one. ended up "needing" the whole console/security system replaced (?). too many head scratches and calls to ducati by them

you get the point right?

Got it.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: