Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 05:12:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mornings @ Montagues every other weekend, 9am.  (Read 67351 times)
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« on: August 27, 2008, 07:28:41 AM »

Another SoCoDOG meet up point is Montagues Coffee house, usually 9am, and the day alternates.  Saturday one weekend, and then on Sunday two weekends later.  The owners are friends of Steve Recca, one of our members, and are friendly to the club (make sure you get a drink before you go!).  We meet there, and usually go for an all day ride afterward.  Please come by even if you can't make an all day ride!

Post up if you're not sure which weekend is coming up!

J_Slyter

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 07:39:30 AM »

I know we planned the every other weekend and rotating Sat's and Sunday's, but I don't know if this is a meet or open weekend (Labor Day weekend) coming up and if we are meeting, if it is on Sat or Sun.  We should create a calendar that we can populate the schedule a month or 2 in advance so it is easy to check for folks that may miss a few meetings and forget if it is an on or off week.
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:28:26 AM »

Ask, and ye shall receive.  I've taken the bull by the horns and designated dates.  I think this weekend the roads will be crazy with the Holiday, so we'll put off to the 6th.  Ride dates are marked in black:
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »

J_Slyter for Secretary!!! You got my vote.   applause

Smitch - thanks for "taking the Bull by the horns!"  We ought to look at October too, but maybe just one last ride before the snow!  Also, many thanks for the two "sticky" threads!   applause

Duckrider is up for a ride also in the next two weeks - I asked him for a ride recommendation.  Hope he can make the 6th.  drink

Il Duce  [moto]

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 04:42:39 PM »

It looks like Smokin' Pipes is lookin' for ride time too. He's a cool cat rode to Ouray with him. Got a shiny yeller 1098.... keep an eye on your carbon fiber though....  laughingdp

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
duckrider

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »

Has anyone decided where to ride Sunday ? I think it would be fun to ride down to Bishops Castle and back through West Cliff . There is a great Mexican restaurant and a pizza place for lunch . Its a fun ride and you come out on 50 and can go back through Canyon city or make it longer and go through Cripple Creek. Holland is up for a good ride it would be fun to have a good turn out.
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 04:12:23 PM »

glad to see I'm not the only one who gets days confused !!!  this weekends ride is on saturday, the 6th.  the battle plan sounds good  though, if plans are still open.

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Gringo 999

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 03:36:50 PM »

Has anyone decided where to ride Sunday ? I think it would be fun to ride down to Bishops Castle and back through West Cliff . There is a great Mexican restaurant and a pizza place for lunch . Its a fun ride and you come out on 50 and can go back through Canyon city or make it longer and go through Cripple Creek. Holland is up for a good ride it would be fun to have a good turn out.

Duckrider,

Are you volunteering to lead the ride???  I'm not available tomorrow to ride.  I'm wondering about the turnout too.  Tomorrow's weather forecast doesn't appear to be a great one. 

Pres

gambit688

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 03:42:24 PM »

Sweet I might make the 21st unless the wife decides I have other stuff to do.  I live maybe two blocks from Montagues so easy meet up spot for me Smiley

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Ride: 06 S2R 800 Red and White
Gringo 999

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 05:20:46 PM »

Just another reminder about this weekend’s “Summer’s End Rally” on Sunday.  Weather forecast looks to be perfect, sunny with a high of 78 degrees – perfect for the Aspens to be changing and to keep us comfortable on a long ride.  [moto]

We’ve been challenged by the Mile High Monsters (MHM) to see who can get more riders out to a Ducati Rendezvous at Pine Junction. 

So far I’ve heard thru email or on the Ducati Forum from a few of you planning to ride, John and Brenda, Dave and Holland, Sean, Brew, KJR, and David Miller.  I have not heard back from some of our regulars like Adrian, Gags, Steve, Mike and Christy, Brett, Jim “the Warranty” Guy, Walter, Merkle and Pete .  Sure would hate to get out represented by MHM on this ride.

We are sticking to our meeting place and time (Montague’s at 9:00 a.m.)  coffee  and we will depart at 9:30 with a planned rendezvous with MHM at about 10:45.  We have discussed online about having lunch in Breckenridge.  Still looking for recommendations the ride beyond Pine Junction – Breck appears to be a good point to start South for folks from the Pueblo area.  We could ride to Buena Vista and the C Springs crew could head East and the Pueblo crew could continue South.  Please let me know what you think.

Looking for everyone, that doesn’t have a good excuse (right WDB and Cooleye?), to show up.  It promises to be a good time for all.  Remember this ride is open to all our non-Ducati friends and family too.   chug

lytehouse

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 06:53:38 PM »

Smitch......you gonna do an October schedule?
KRJ

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 03:21:27 PM »

Anyone riding this sunday? should be somewhat decent weather,altho' saturday might be nicer.  I am going to try to log a few miles before snow.

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
KRJ

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 05:10:22 AM »

Have We set a schedule for meetings / rides yet, or did I just miss it ??    Not sure when the next ride should be, other than soon!!! Let's figure out a plan [moto]

J_Slyter

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 07:43:45 PM »

This is supposed to be the weekend to meet at Monty's, not sure which day though. My son is coming down from Ft. Collins Saturday morning , so I probably can't make it for coffee that day. We plan to get a little later start and ride down to Bishop's Castle. He'll probably be on my Duc. Could maybe meet up along the route if anyone is riding that way.
KRJ

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 05:43:36 AM »

Good Morning J.,  would like to join you on your ride to Bishops, Let's work out times. Depending on weather, which looks good, I'll bring Shannon along.  Maybe throw lunch in somewhere....  Anyone with a meetlng day please post coffee

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: