Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:00:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mornings @ Montagues every other weekend, 9am.  (Read 67354 times)
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »

Going to Salt Lake City for WSBK.  I'm out of here before dawn tomorrow.  If anyone wants to ride part or all the way, post up or send me a PM.  Sorry for the late notice, but I didn't realize this was the weekend to ride with the SoCO DOGS.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 05:32:43 AM »

Hope You have a fun and safe journey, I know You'll take pictures, and try to keep Lance out of trouble.... Grin

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
J_Slyter

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 06:55:45 PM »

KRJ, our plans for tomorrow are still really fluid. My son may not get home till around 10am and no telling when we will pull out of here. Plus, I believe we need to make a stop at Rocky Mountain cycles since they are supposedly having a 15% off sale tomorrow. Entirely possible we may not get out of the Springs until noon and with the unpredictable weather, who knows how far we will get. I was out today and got soaked.

And for Bonfy, have a great time and a safe trip. When I first heard about WSBK in SLC I thought that would be a good trip to make, but it sure did sneak up on me fast. Oh well, maybe next year.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 08:01:15 PM »

Thank you guys!  I made it in safely.  Took a little longer than I planned thanks to a mapquest gaff on Yahoo.  Don't take US 6 out of Grand Junction past Loma.  It turns into a broken up old road used only by truckers trying to avoid the weigh station (according to the Slim Pickins/Jed Clampet-type who got me back on track).  It was funny but it cost me about 45 minutes and I had to backtrack.  Got caught in some rain between Price and Provo.  It was so pretty though and no lightning.   Folks didn't seemed as amused by Lance here in Salt Lake City as we are in New Mexico and Colorado.  No sense of humor.  I have no idea what he was doing back there, but I sure got some hateful looks on the interstate.  I-15 between Provo and Sandy was some of the scariest shit I've ever ridden.  I thought for sure I was going to be a hood ornament on the grill of an 18-wheeler.  Albuquerque's crazies can't touch it.  Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.   Cool

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
KRJ

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 08:08:23 PM »

good evening J, understand the fluid schedule completely,keep in touch as I will ride this weekend,but at no set times yet. have You heard any input from any Club Members as to a meet time??  kinda dead on this mode of info.   If you make a plan, give me a hollar, I'll PM My phone # 

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
KRJ

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 08:30:46 PM »

Oh Dear Bonfy, how dare you bring that Heathen Monster Lance into such an environment?? ,altho I am surprised You havn't been accosted Yourself, what ,a Female riding a motorcycle?    Well try to make fun anyway, good riding, keep posted [moto]

bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »

Check on the picture thread for an update on Lance's adventures in Salt Lake City...oh, yeah, and WSBK!

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Smokescreen

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 07:15:56 PM »

Well I'm moments away from having the bike back on the road, and I was wondering if this was happening anymore?  Are we still meeting Sunday mornings? 

W

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary. 

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »

Well I'm moments away from having the bike back on the road, and I was wondering if this was happening anymore?  Are we still meeting Sunday mornings? 

W

I'm not saying they are not meeting, but if they are, they are doing it secretly.   Wink   I am thinking of riding out toward Utah this Sunday to meet up with a friend from New Mexico who's going that way.  Depending on if my schedule stays the way it is right now, that is going to happen so if you or anyone else wants to meet Sunday morning at Montague's, then ride west with me for awhile, that would be awesome.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Smokescreen

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 08:26:25 PM »

Gloria,
I might could do that; bare minimum just meet for coffee.  But Blue might well be together by then (I'll know more tomorrow) and if she is, I'm thinking I'll head to Denver.  So coffee, then up the 24 and we split at WoodyPark...  Here's hoping!

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary. 

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 10:51:34 AM »

Right on!  I'll check my schedule tonight and if it's a go I'll start mapping out my route with more of a serious nature.  I have to check with Kawboy's iteniary, too, to maximize concurrent mileage.   coffee  Coffee for sure! 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
KRJ

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 04:21:20 AM »

Shannon and I will try to make it, ride along a bit. If anyone has been riding it's a secret to Me also, havn't heard a thing in a while, tho' I've been working in Trinidad and Alamosa for a while and haven't went on any long rides Myself, ( a hellish nightmare I tell Ya ) Hopefully to change soon. Post up a time when you want to meet.... coffee [moto]

bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 06:04:52 PM »

Sure enough, my manager scheduled me for Sunday, but not till 4PM.  So I am good for a ride in the AM.  I had to give a little to get the days for Ducati in the Rockies off.  Scottish has bailed on me so I am going to have an open spot if anyone hasn't lined their accomodations up and wants to split the cost.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 07:07:24 PM »

Smokescreen!  You out there?   KRJ and Shannon and I are thinking about riding tomorrow.  If anyone else wants to go we are meeting at Montague's at 9AM.  No direction has been determined.  Coffee first, plan second.   coffee  [moto]

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 01:50:31 AM »

Sorry, guys, I got stuck at work, just got home, and don't think I will be worth a crap either on a ride or at work tomorrow on three and half hours of sleep  so I am going to have to cancel.  I was really looking forward to finally getting some miles in with some of the gang.  This new job of mine hasn't yet solidified into a concrete schedule. 

Hopefully some of the others will see the post and meet KRJ and Shannon at Montague's anyway.  Have fun and we still have Ouray to look forward to.  Maybe we can hook up on the ride over. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: