Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 10:20:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edit : Wrecked my bike today and lived to tell about it.. Now what?  (Read 2807 times)
deepak8612

« on: September 02, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »

Headed back from VA beach in the 2nd lane on 264; got cut off moved into the left lane and hit a huge make the beast with two backsing mountain of asphalt followed by debris on road. Lost the front end and slid into the median at good speed.

From what I remember the 696 is done along with most of the flesh off my right shoulder.

EDIT: just got the call from the claims adjuster. According to him there is enough damage for repairs to cost as much as the bike i.e: bike is not worth fixing.

1. Does insurance cover my added on parts?
2. Can I salvage the bike and cannibalize it and sell parts? Or does nationwide now own my bike, if they make the payout for the bike?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:38:03 AM by deepak8612 » Logged
jdubbs32584
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 05:10:37 PM »

Headed back from VA beach in the 2nd lane on 264; got cut off moved into the left lane and hit a huge make the beast with two backsing mountain of asphalt followed by debris on road. Lost the front end and slid into the median at good speed.

From what I remember the 696 is done along with most of the flesh off my right shoulder.

So sorry man. Good that you're still alive and kickin tho. Keep your chin up and let us know if theres anything we can do for you.
superjohn

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 06:04:46 PM »

Oh, man....that sucks. At least you're able to type up a report. Good luck with the bike and recovery.
Rameses

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »

Damn, that sucks man.  I'm sorry to hear that.

At least you're still around though.

Bikes can be replaced.  People... not so much.

ncgt1000

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 04:36:25 AM »

OUCH!  No broken human body parts then?  Good to hear your not too bad off.  What do you think might happen to/with the bike?

What's the story on the asphalt pile?  Some unmarked construction zone?

OUCH! and dammitt!

'07 GT1000 - with mods of course
deepak8612

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »

OUCH!  No broken human body parts then?  Good to hear your not too bad off.  What do you think might happen to/with the bike?

What's the story on the asphalt pile?  Some unmarked construction zone?

OUCH! and dammitt!

I just heard from the insurance adjuster. Probably total the bike. Trying to figure out if I should buy it back salvage or if that will be just a waste of money.

The asphalt wasnt a pile. It was one of those bumps that are on the asphalt roads, but a considerably larger one. Hitting that at an angle along with the debris in front of it made me lost the front end of the bike.

Tell me about it. The bike was barely a few months old.

Hmm.. .what do I get next?
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 03:52:19 PM »

When my fiance wrecked his 900ss, we didnt even think of trying to get it back.  Never even got to see it...
the money thats still supposed to be coming only cover the original price that was paid for it, and not all the work we had done.   Sad

Glad to hear you are in one piece, and thinking about your next bike!  U wouldnt want another of the same one?
Paradux

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 05:06:39 PM »

Hmm.. .what do I get next?

The new monster 1100 of course Grin

When one of a good thing just isn't enough

2007 SennaStrada 1100S
2007 Team USA 999S
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »

Sorry to hear about your bike, but like the others, glad you lived to tell the tale. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: