Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 08:03:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tourismo O8  (Read 9964 times)
R_usty

S4RS DUC-23

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 02:58:39 AM »

Rusty you dont seem to be sluring your words any more you must be of the medication now cheeky

Bummer huh..... cheeky

But really looking forward to the Turismo! mo:t:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monster S4RS - Sold....... Looking for a new ride!
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 03:00:40 AM »

Just done my pre-registration via the 2008 Turismo site

Cool, excited already.

giannig

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 06:05:38 AM »

Last year was my first tourismo and I had a ball. I am planning to go again but not sure of the logistics of getting there yet
goldFiSh

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »

Why not ride down?

OK I can understand the Rs riders not wanting to stop every 150kms, but any other reasons?

I ask only due to the fact that my opinion on long distance riding changed after the trip to PI. Consequently I am much more comfortable (and confident!) about doing 700 or more klms a day and backing it up day after day..

Good riding gear and comfortable seat make it a very enjoyable affair..... And it's not like the trip between Syd and Melb has to be all straight boring highways?
monstermick58

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 03:15:59 PM »

Regarding the Bridgestone truck, Craig, who owns/runs it had a really bad prang at Eastern Ck, and as far as I know is stillin hospital, so we will see what happens, and the Turismo is our national meet and greet (gosh that sounds so old) so it looks like I will have to pre-register.

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
Dockstrada

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »

Regarding the Bridgestone truck, Craig, who owns/runs it had a really bad prang at Eastern Ck, and as far as I know is stillin hospital, so we will see what happens, and the Turismo is our national meet and greet (gosh that sounds so old) so it looks like I will have to pre-register.

Mmick

Craig who  Huh? Not McMartin Shocked

If I wasn't who i was, I wouldn't be who I am !
loony888

"I WAS GOING HOW FAST, OFFICER?"

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 12:35:53 AM »

i'm hoping to make it, and if i do i'll be riding there and back.
take 2 teaspoons of cement and harden up you lot!!!
too many latte's!!!!!

paul.

HERE AND NOW                      12 DIAVEL AMG
                                              93 888 RS
                                              09 1098R BAYLISS
                                              07 Husqvarna TE 450

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN        03 S4R       95 900SL
                                              01 S4         93 900M
                                              96 748SP
R_usty

S4RS DUC-23

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 12:57:18 AM »

i'm hoping to make it, and if i do i'll be riding there and back.
take 2 teaspoons of cement and harden up you lot!!!
too many latte's!!!!!
paul.

Just so that this is clear - My S4RS can get over 200k's per tank when doing country riding so I can keep up with you lot!!!! :bang (+I can put on a 38 tooth rear and 15 front and get even better millage).

Then if I had time available (ie 3 weeks) I would ride there and back but that is about a 4.5-5,000k trip and I just don't have the time to do this. The great ride would be to ride down through the Snowy's then over Hotham (great fun!) and down through Gippsland and on to Philip Island before getting to Melb. Stay a couple of night's at Spider's place (enjoy some real coffee - short macchiato at Brunetti in Carlton, just off Lygon street - Oh and some Italian cakes). Then I would head done the Great Ocean Rd stopping in West Geelong - (Botticcelli Cafe for some great food). Then I would haul ass along the rd and go to Port Fairy for a night before heading into SA via the best wine region in the world - The Coonawarra!  :wine

But hey, I'm off to Laguna Seca MotoGP on a 10 day ride from LV to Laguna via Sequoia and Death valley on an S4RS and then back via Yosemitie so I just don't have the available credits with the wife and kids to spend another 3 weeks in the saddle - So bike must go via truck and I will take a week or so off to do the Turismo! (Just thought I would rub that little one in!)

So you can take that little bit of concrete and, well you know..... dr::

C U all there in Melb or SA!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 01:05:41 AM »

For me it's not the Latte's
(drink tea not coffee)
It's the time off, working for yourself is great but time off costs money as well.

Spider
Ozmonsters: degenerating nicely since 2008

I may be long, but I fold up nicely

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 01:34:44 AM »

Stay a couple of night's at Spider's place (enjoy some real coffee - short macchiato at Brunetti in Carlton, just off Lygon street - Oh and some Italian cakes).

sure...good plan....how about coffee at St Ali in South Melbourne and then a ride along the esplanade to Brighton where a new bakery has set up, Andrew Barrett, he does amazing pastries and toured a 916 around the country.
R_usty

S4RS DUC-23

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 01:49:28 AM »

sure...good plan....how about coffee at St Ali in South Melbourne and then a ride along the esplanade to Brighton where a new bakery has set up, Andrew Barrett, he does amazing pastries and toured a 916 around the country.

Now we are talking - this is what riding a Ducati is about - the coffee, cakes and friends  wt:

Dockstrada

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 03:19:49 PM »

Now we are talking - this is what riding a Ducati is about - the coffee, cakes and friends  wt:

I got a better plan my mate runs one of those coffee on the go vans, He could follow us on the tourismo  Cool wt:

If I wasn't who i was, I wouldn't be who I am !
Super T.I.B
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 05:42:23 PM »

And the Nick special at Mecca.  cheeky

Have a blast fella's. I'm getting married right about that time, so have a beer (tea  r:e)) in my honour.  be::
Spider
Ozmonsters: degenerating nicely since 2008

I may be long, but I fold up nicely

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2008, 10:42:43 PM »

I got a better plan my mate runs one of those coffee on the go vans, He could follow us on the tourismo  Cool wt:

ha! the image of a coffee van trying to keep to with the S4Rs brigade is quite a good one...sure you got him on the straights but he kept pulling you back in on the twisties!
Big T

Bikeless..........

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 11:52:02 PM »

Following the S4RS brigade he would make more cash selling gas rather than coffee.....  laughingdp

.... This is your captain speaking. Please fasten your seat-belts as we prepare for take off.... (I'm the passenger now....)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: