Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:06:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Too many Reds.  (Read 2137 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« on: September 05, 2008, 11:17:27 PM »

Beer drinking is relatively easy.

Picking out reds to drink is way harder. I was in R. Fields tonight getting a cigar and going cross-eyed looking at all the reds. Gloria is no help. She's good for one glass of red, if that and she doesn't have any kind of wine palette at all. I kind of miss those long gone days when my girl at the time could put away a couple of bottles between the two of us. There's so many to choose from and damn, most of them are pretty decent or better. How do you know any more what to get? Or do you even worry about it? Just buy one and have at it?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:58:40 AM »

I'll throw some meaningless tripe out there while awaiting the Ted. 
[quick rant interlude]
R. Fields is a decent shop, but they sometimes have some odd hiring practices (there was a time that they only employed one non-vegetarian, and couldn't offer any advice on meat.  and they carry a lot of meat!)
[/quick rant]

Option 1) Go back to the store. If the salesperson is at all useful, they will ask you what you like in wine and how much you want to spend.  Maybe it's big fruit.  Maybe spice, maybe something mellow to drink with a steak.  Spend whatever you want, but may I recommend around $800, and be sure to invite me over.   Grin  Right.  So, try a recommendation.  If you like it buy it again.  Then maybe ask for more wines like it. 

Option 2) Buy something with a pretty label.  Drink it and decide.

Teddy, you're up.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:50:37 PM »

I haven't been drinking all that much wine since we moved here from Germany, so I have no idea about what shop have decent selections other than what you find at the NEX.   laughingdp

One thing though, I am usually a fan of reds with a dark smokey character to them.  I had some VERY good Haut Medoc when I was in France that really lit my fire up.  Stuff was really tasty, but I don't think I have seen anything like that vintner down here.
teddy037.2
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 01:08:49 AM »

jebus pretty much got it covered... +1 on the inviting us over for high end reds  Grin

it depends on your palette, if you're looking for something familiar, new, or something to pair...

they should be able to wrangle something out given your price range/tastes, though.

and don't ask me about old world, I am teh n00b w/that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: