Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:40:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Trackday  (Read 7846 times)
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 11:19:05 AM »

Yes, there is some improvement in the higher-end monsters.

I have a 695 with high-mount exhaust, I scraped the sidestand nub on the left and the side of the rear brake lever on the right.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
duckwrench13

This thing sounds broken...

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 11:53:56 AM »

Not to thread jack or anything, but one other nagging item is that I believe shortly before TOB went all crazy I saw a few posts that talked about how it wasn't really recommended that people use their street rides to do track days (e.g., me taking my monster), but it seems that most of what I'd seen in the past looked like people had monsters or other Ducatis no problem.

If DTM can race a pretty much bone stock EX-250 Ninja... it's an experiment in the de-evolution of a motorcycle actually. He runs 2 front tires, and when the one on the back gets too worn in one direction, he just flips it around ;:|... Well then, running a monster for a track day is perfectly A-Ok! wt:

(On a side note: If you ever get the chance to see Dan's 250 in person, politely walk to the other side of the RV before you start laughing! cheeky Honestly though, for as ugly-duckling as it is, it was the only bike of the 3 Tigerbike Racing boys that managed to start, and finish, all of its races in the last round of AFM. And it took a 2nd place podium in its class! Tigre had his huge get-off, and DatV had mechanicals.)

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Gettin' blow'd up sucks!
Combat Veteran, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan 2006-2007
DarkDucati

il mostro scuro

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 06:27:04 PM »

Wow, I didn't even think about stuff like scraping parts. That could potentially scare the crap outta one if not expecting that. Good to know.  Sounds like  others have made it work regardless of the bike type.  I'm going IN...

Check this though, on the topic of scraping.  A guy at CycleGear recently told me this story about some dude he knows that he claims is the fastest thing on two wheels and said he was riding a monster, two up no less, and he scraped the passenger peg.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't even seem possible.  Oh well, maybe it's a different type of fishing story.

Current ride - Triumph Thruxton (don't hate, Ducs still #1)
2008 848 - R.I.P. (by delivery truck)
2006 S2R 800 Dark - SOLD
2006 Triumph Bonneville - SOLD
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 07:26:22 AM »

On my monster I scraped exhaust, and kickstand. I cut the kickstand but there was nothing I could do about scrapping exhaust cans... So I bought a different bike Cheesy
Serenitynow

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 09:02:10 AM »

Sounds awesome. What did you learn as far as your previous street riding vs. getting closer to the max use of traction of your bike on the track? I mean, did you finish track day and realize you have so much more traction available on that bike than you had thought b4? Hope that makes sense!

See ya,
John
DucSteve

Hey Yo

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 01:29:37 PM »

i never felt comfortable going too fast on a bike on the streets for obvious reasons.  the track gave me a place to let me stretch out my legs a bit.  the next street ride i did just after the track day, i was noticably faster, going through turns way faster than i'd ever consider.  the track basically gave me the confidence and experience to go quicker, better.  this is probably a bad thing, i'm gonna get in trouble... Police

plus i got a fresh set of corsa III's and they are awesome waytogo
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 01:45:03 PM »

W00t!

i need to get over there and do that.
i never felt comfortable going too fast on a bike on the streets for obvious reasons.  this is probably a bad thing, i'm gonna get in trouble... Police

plus i got a fresh set of corsa III's and they are awesome waytogo

A bunch of us just did Go Cart Racing for hours. After... It was bad. We had to go to In&Out and chill the eF down.

No translation for 'The Street.'
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:46:43 PM by Desmostro » Logged

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
DucSteve

Hey Yo

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 02:37:02 PM »

Yea, guess I gotta start doing more track days.... Goodbye savings account
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: