Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:22:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FAQ: Posting a Picture  (Read 70029 times)
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« on: February 07, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »

[BETTER EXPLANATION TO FOLLOW]

The board does not support attachments.  They're expensive and not permanent.  To post a pic, it'll have to be hosted elsewhere.  Here's how to add a pic to your post.

Save you pic at an outside hosting site (like flikr or photobucket).

Get the url of the pic.  Right click on the picture.  Click properties.  Copy the url (or address).

Paste the url into your post. 

Put [ i m g ] (without the spaces) before the url.  Then ut [ / i m g ] (without the spaces) after the url.  Clicking this button above your post will do the same thing.

Voila!  You have linked your pic.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 05:57:22 PM by mitt » Logged

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 12:26:12 PM »

1. Go to http://photobucket.com/ and click on "join now" to create an account.

2. While logged in to Photobucket, select "Upload Photos and Video".

3. Click on "Choose Files" and then browse on your computer to find the photo file(s) that you want to upload.  Hold down the Ctrl key to select multiple photos.

4. Photobucket will then prompt you to name and describe each picture.  If you like, add a title and description (optional).  When done, click on "Save and Continue".

5. Below the photo of interest, you will see a box called "Direct Link".  Left-click inside it to copy the link to your clipboard.

6. Now, come over to DMF and start a new post (reply or new thread).  While editing your post, click on the "Insert Image" button.

7. This will insert the "img" tags into your post where the photo will appear.

8. In between the "img" tags, paste in the link that you copied to your clipboard.

9. Click on the "Preview" button to make sure your post and photo(s) look the way you intend.

10. Click on the "Post" button to submit your post.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:59:30 PM »

1. Go to http://www.flickr.com/ and click on "Create Your Account" to create an account.  If you already have a Yahoo account, you can sign in with that account.

2. While logged in to Flickr, select "Upload Photos".

3. Click on "Choose Photos" and then browse on your computer to find the photo file(s) that you want to upload.  Hold down the Ctrl key to select multiple photos.

4. Click on "Upload Photos" to begin the uploading process.    You may leave privacy to Private or Public (this affects people viewing your photos in Flickr, not when directly linked).

5. Flickr will then prompt you to name and describe each picture.  Click on "add a description" to continue.

6. If you like, add a title and description to each of your photos (optional).  When done, click on "SAVE THIS BATCH".

7. You will now see your "Photostream", a gallery with thumbnail images of your photos.  Click on the photo of interest.

EDIT: Please go to http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=109.msg751497#msg751497 to see the new method for sharing flickr photos.  This replaces steps 8-14 below.

8. Above the photo of interest, click on "All Sizes".

9. Select the size of interest.  Then scroll below the picture and you will see a box called "Grab the photo's URL:".  Copy the link in this box to your clipboard by highlighting, and either right-clicking and selecting "Copy", pressing Ctrl-C, or going to the "Edit" menu and selecting "Copy".

10. Now, come over to DMF and start a new post (reply or new thread).  While editing your post, click on the "Insert Image" button.

11. This will insert the "img" tags into your post where the photo will appear.

12. In between the "img" tags, paste in the link that you copied to your clipboard.

13. Click on the "Preview" button to make sure your post and photo(s) look the way you intend.

14. Click on the "Post" button to submit your post.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 11:02:13 AM by somegirl » Logged

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
c_rex

Quick! Into the transmogrifier!

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 12:10:59 PM »

Is it because the hardware is expensive or because of a technical challenge?  I'd be willing to donate a 500gb hdd if that's what's holding back direct picture posting as we use to be able to do.   If so PM or reply- it don't matter which way to me.

"It ain't cool being no jive turkey this close to Thanksgiving."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkHHsoKRP8&eurl=http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 04:15:07 PM »

Is it because the hardware is expensive or because of a technical challenge?  I'd be willing to donate a 500gb hdd if that's what's holding back direct picture posting as we use to be able to do.   If so PM or reply- it don't matter which way to me.
Most of the Flounders are challenged in one way or the other, but that isn't it.

Our theory is that image hosting is a huge waste of resources, and was proven on TOB.

We don't want to own a server....and don't want to be an image host.

By eliminating the cost of the disk space on a shared server everyone wins.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

scooby

<~ I am what I am ~>

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 05:01:32 AM »

www.tinypic.com is about as kwik, easy and painless as it gets for uploading pix for free of varying sizes...

What would ScoobyDoo?
c_rex

Quick! Into the transmogrifier!

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 10:01:02 AM »

By eliminating the cost of the disk space on a shared server everyone wins.

But I'm lazy, which makes me a loser in so many tragically metaphysical, moral and practical dimensions.  Vote for me in '08- it worked for the last guy.

okay- I'll keep my hard drives to myself.  how about some sleep aides from Costco?   Grin

Thx Scooby!  I wondered what that TinyPIC thing was all about.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 10:05:02 AM by c_rex » Logged

"It ain't cool being no jive turkey this close to Thanksgiving."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkHHsoKRP8&eurl=http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/
Jaman

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 11:12:49 AM »

www.tinypic.com is about as kwik, easy and painless as it gets for uploading pix for free of varying sizes...

+1 on tinypic  wt:
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 01:12:14 PM »

I am quite intrested to see others bikes with modifications.  So one could look and see if the mod would work for your bike.  I hear the concern re- HD space; but it is a such a good resource to "see" what someone has done or is talking about.

If I could comment on picture posting in general; the old DML picture post was not so good.

It was very slow and ackward to flip quickly through pics, you could't fast  forward.  There gotta be a simple good solution out there ... 

Cheers DuciD [moto]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:21:18 PM by DuciD03 » Logged

.... all the world is yours.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 01:42:39 PM »

Is it possible to set up a Photobucket/Flickr account that all DMF'ers can use for posting pictures?...DMF'ers!  I crack myself up! laughingdp
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 05:51:38 PM »

I just opened up a Picasa account.  Could someone tell me how to post a pic using Picasa?  I did the whole insert image thing and pasted the picasa url.  After hitting "save" I get a little icon on the right side of the screen but no pic.

Thanks in advance!

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 08:16:45 PM »

Now that I figured the linking to a host stuff out I like it.  Some more work, but better quality.  I can live with that.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »

I just opened up a Picasa account.  Could someone tell me how to post a pic using Picasa?  I did the whole insert image thing and pasted the picasa url.  After hitting "save" I get a little icon on the right side of the screen but no pic.

Thanks in advance!

After you click on link to photo, you will get a bunch of code under "HTML to embed in website", select the size you want, then past the entire "HTML to embed in website" code to DMF.  next delete everything before http: and after .jpg.  Lastly add [i m g] before and [ / i m g] after (without the space) and you should be good to go.
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »

Tanks Mang!

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
bigiain
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 05:36:14 AM »

Is it possible to set up a Photobucket/Flickr account that all DMF'ers can use for posting pictures?...DMF'ers!  I crack myself up! laughingdp

Flickr accounts are free, so it's easiest if you set up an account for yourself. Flickr also has a concept of "groups" which are collections of photos from many people's accounts - we've been using one for a while for the Oz Monsters local board.

I've just set up a Ducati Monster Forum group, so if you've got pics in a Flickr account that you'd like to add to the DMF group, join up and add them.

big

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: