Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:59:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arkansas Trip Sept. '08  (Read 38551 times)
Duc L'Smart

« on: September 11, 2008, 03:17:37 PM »

We're leaving Saturday morning, September 20th, from the Allen Outlet Malls,
returning Monday the 22nd.

Accomodations - Russellville Holiday Inn at I-40

In (Saturday Morning):

CDC
Fastwin
DLS
Newslacker

Maybe:

Swanny

In (Friday Night):

Tommy
BonWilder
Kevin848
Slag

We will have lunch, & Swanny will distribute maps.
Fastwin is bring tools.

Swanny has 4 rooms booked for Sat/Sun night.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:26:32 PM by L'Smart » Logged

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
swanny

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:42:51 PM »

What time do you guys want to meet in Allen?  7 AM or 7:30 AM?

Glad that Brian is bringing all the tools. Thanks!  I will bring my tire plug kit.

Who is rooming with who?  I know that Fastwin gets his own room.  I will take a room to myself if you other guys wanna pair up or I can room with someone.

I have the maps printed off and here at the house.

U guys interested in doing a quick 120 mile loop or 60 mile loop once we get to Russellville on Saturday?   Depending on how we feel we might want to consider it.

Tommy and Kevin848, you guys want me to make you a map for meeting up with us on Saturday?  You will really enjoy the ride down.  Maybe you can meet up somewhere along the Talimena trail.

2011 848 EVO Track Bike
2015 Hypermotard SP
pipeliner1978
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »

meeting up with you all on the ride up would be awesome, maps very appreciated.  If anyone has any special tools, luggage or gear that they would like to throw in my truck you can meet up with me(west) or kevin (east) in the days prior to leaving. 
Sticky Fingers

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 03:47:20 AM »

Define the partial trip.  I can't get Monday off work, but can do a two dayer.

My childhood was typical; summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard really.
pipeliner1978
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 05:26:33 AM »

Define the partial trip.  I can't get Monday off work, but can do a two dayer.
partial trip for me and kevin is leaving dfw Friday night by trailer and rooming friday and saturday night.  We will ride all day Saturday and Sunday and trailer back Sunday night so we will be able to be back at work Monday morning.
fastwin
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 05:43:46 AM »

I'm thinking more like an 8:00AM departure. That extra 30 minutes of beauty sleep could mean all the difference in how good I look in my leathers. laughingdp Any thoughts?

You guys are trailering up Friday? You realize we won't be there until late Saturday right? I know I'm not completely "coffee'd" up yet so maybe I'm missing something. Or are you guys just going to buzz around checking out the roads until we get there? That makes sense. More coffee. coffee [moto]
pipeliner1978
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 05:51:10 AM »

sleep in, buzz around town, then head towards you all, about 150 miles or so, join your caravan and head toward Russellville. 

Guys, quit worrying about us, although my IQ is only 131, I can read dates and times cheeky
swanny

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 05:56:58 AM »

I'm thinking more like an 8:00AM departure. That extra 30 minutes of beauty sleep could mean all the difference in how good I look in my leathers. laughingdp Any thoughts?

You guys are trailering up Friday? You realize we won't be there until late Saturday right? I know I'm not completely "coffee'd" up yet so maybe I'm missing something. Or are you guys just going to buzz around checking out the roads until we get there? That makes sense. More coffee. coffee [moto]

We can leave whenever you guys pick.  I just thought the earlier we leave the less traffic we will hit.  Once you get to Mena the traffic really isn't an issue since we are in BFE Arkansas.  How about we plan on meeting up with the guys heading up Friday night at the Queen Wilimena lodge on the Talimena Trail?  I will work up a map for them on how to get there from Russellville.  We can keep in touch with and always change the meeting point during the day.

Another important note....everyone has fairly new tires with at least half their tire life left?

2011 848 EVO Track Bike
2015 Hypermotard SP
pipeliner1978
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 06:08:25 AM »

I have no idea, mine are a lil flat spotted, but I think I'll be fine, especially since I'll have my truck and trailer.  And maybe even a spare moto, depending on what I drive.
fastwin
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 06:13:15 AM »

Let's see who else likes 8:00AM, I'll let it be democratic and go with the flow. Meeting at Queen Wilimena Lodge is a good idea. Whoever gets there early can hang out, eat, stretch their legs or just go for spins up and down the Scenic Drive killing time. How bad can that be?? [moto]

I agee with part II also. Good or new tires all around! Nothing iffy. If you think your tire can "probably make it" then forget it... get a new one! Look at your tires real close and then double the wear factor you expect. These are all big bikes and it's a high speed run for three straight days. Not saying we are going to ball up rubber on the edges ala Rossi, just saying that the center part of your tire had better be pristine. Flats? Can't help those, no one can. S#@t happens. Look at Scott last trip? Perfectly good Michelin picked up a nail, then we had hell keeping the sucker plugged and aired. Then his valve stem died, rubber rot. Who would have thought he'd have two problems at the same time on the same tire? But 1/2 to 2/3s worn tires are begging for trouble. Flat magnets. End of lecture... Tongue
swanny

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 06:14:09 AM »

Alright.  It is about 120 miles from Russellvillle to the Queen Wilhelmina lodge.  There are some great roads that you guys will love.  Lots of fast sweepers and a couple of really tight technical sections (Hwy 27 just outside of Danville...be careful!).

I will print these maps off today and I will bring them to AMS incase one of you are there for the race watch.

Swanny

2011 848 EVO Track Bike
2015 Hypermotard SP
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 06:55:43 AM »

Another important note....everyone has fairly new tires with at least half their tire life left?

I checked. No metal showing. Good to go waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
pipeliner1978
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 07:28:22 AM »

looks like I need a new tire
Slag
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 07:46:26 AM »

New tires yesterday. Doing oil change today. Should be good  waytogo
newslacker

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 10:46:44 AM »

Don't forget me!  [moto]

...anyone bringing chain wax?

2007 S4Rs
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up