Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:10:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There Are Rules - Welcome to DFWM!  (Read 3872 times)
BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 06:31:18 PM »

Folks,

The intention of this thread wasn't to point fingers, assign blame, or even take responsibility or feel guilty about anything anyone has done.  The intent was to make people aware of them, because I've been told personally that some had no idea they even existed.

From time to time, we have all bent or broken some of the guidelines, and we will continue to do so.

Part of what makes DFWM such a fun and unique place to hang out and share our thoughts would not be possible if we weren't bending, pushing, or breaking some of the the rules some of the time.  A lot of the stuff that goes on in here would probably not be tolerated in the "bigger" areas of the forum (like General, How-To, Tech, etc).

Please, let's just keep these guidelines in our minds when enjoying DFWM.  The best thing about DFWM (IMHO) is that we generally conduct ourselves here the same way we conduct ourselves when we get together for dinners or at a bar - good topics, some humor, some good natured ribbing, and back to some good topics.  We couldn't do that without pushing the guidelines.

Two words sum it up for me:   moderation & respect

• 2006 Ducati SportClassic 1000
  • 1978 Yamaha GT 80

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
fastwin
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 08:50:20 PM »

I back that up 100%, well said Jim. It's no big deal if we stray here and there. That's what makes us who we are. Hell, it's my life mantra. I'm to blame as much as anyone... gee, is there anyone more longwinded and full off topic s#@t than me? But I sometimes too get bothered (if that's even the right word) by the side bars and BS on threads. It doesn't make me love and care about you all any less... never would. But I can certainly see why it would irritate people sometimes. Hell, I have even pregnant doged about before but I realized that it was my problem not yours and have moved passed it. Big deal, doesn't make me Mr. Wonderful. It was my pregnant dog and I got over it. Ya'll are worth it. Post away... it's not my deal to care about that. You guys and gals rock and that's all that counts to me. Best bunch of scooter people I have ever been around in my half century+. Will not let this board and the posts ever get in the way of that. Carry on. waytogo [moto] bacon By they way, loved seeing Maria today!! Where the hell you been girl???
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 06:10:09 AM »

Let's all take a big, deep breath, exhale... and relax.

Carry on. As you were.

Move along, nothing to see here...

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Girlrider
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 02:25:40 PM »

I back that up 100%, well said Jim. It's no big deal if we stray here and there. That's what makes us who we are. Hell, it's my life mantra. I'm to blame as much as anyone... gee, is there anyone more longwinded and full off topic s#@t than me? But I sometimes too get bothered (if that's even the right word) by the side bars and BS on threads. It doesn't make me love and care about you all any less... never would. But I can certainly see why it would irritate people sometimes. Hell, I have even pregnant doged about before but I realized that it was my problem not yours and have moved passed it. Big deal, doesn't make me Mr. Wonderful. It was my pregnant dog and I got over it. Ya'll are worth it. Post away... it's not my deal to care about that. You guys and gals rock and that's all that counts to me. Best bunch of scooter people I have ever been around in my half century+. Will not let this board and the posts ever get in the way of that. Carry on. waytogo [moto] bacon By they way, loved seeing Maria today!! Where the hell you been girl???

Lost in the noise and riding my bike - I keep an eye on the board to find out where the people will be and then socialize with them personally.  I've retired from the fulltime job of keeping up with the zillions of postings on the board.  A woman's got to pay her bills and my career keeps me from spending time sorting through the kaka to make a point and then have it swamped.  Stated with love and affection to all my friends.  Maria
fastwin
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »

Lost in the noise and riding my bike - I keep an eye on the board to find out where the people will be and then socialize with them personally.  I've retired from the fulltime job of keeping up with the zillions of postings on the board.  A woman's got to pay her bills and my career keeps me from spending time sorting through the kaka to make a point and then have it swamped.  Stated with love and affection to all my friends.  Maria

Again, well said! Really good to see you Sunday at AMS, it's been a while. Actually way too long. Missed you and your imput. Please don't let your work mess up your fun with friends. Life is way too short for that! Fall is on us, please come make some rides with us. I hear Muenster and Hico calling your name!! waytogo [moto] bacon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: