Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 09, 2024, 12:14:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: working on dmf shirt  (Read 7551 times)
Danmack_98

'09 dark m696

« on: September 16, 2008, 04:33:40 PM »

Just thought I'd let everybody know I'm working on making a dmf shirt for myself.  I AM NOT doing these to sell them, I just thought I'd make a couple for myself.  My friend owns a monogram shop, so I'm taking in a regular Ducati t-shirt and having the DMF logo from the upper left of the screen printed on the back about six to eight inches round.  I will definitely post pics.  After hearing that dmfers were right next to each other at the race and didn't know it, I thought it's about time.  Again, I'm not doing these to sell, but I'm sure if the flounders want to run w/ the idea there'll be plenty interested!  Pics hopefully coming soon! waytogo
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:57:05 PM by Danmack_98 » Logged

"That bike looks like if you knocked it over, it would stand itself up and kick your ass!!"
Clickjack

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 07:34:39 PM »

If any one is interested I can make DMF shirts for sale.  I make T-shirts, and I already have three or four designs.  Probably do one design at a time, and would have to have a min. of 30 orders (it's pretty expensive to just do a couple shirts).

This is based off of the last order I did, but with shipping in the US, everything included it would be 20 bucks a shirt.  (It might be a little cheaper w/greater numbers but it's been a while since I did a batch).

If you guys are interested let me know, and I'll work on some mock-ups and we could put a poll up of what shirt design we do first.  Or I could just throw some simple ones together....

let me know.

"They wanted Gold, we gave them lead"  -John Wayne
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:43:47 PM »

If any one is interested I can make DMF shirts for sale.  I make T-shirts, and I already have three or four designs.  Probably do one design at a time, and would have to have a min. of 30 orders (it's pretty expensive to just do a couple shirts).

This is based off of the last order I did, but with shipping in the US, everything included it would be 20 bucks a shirt.  (It might be a little cheaper w/greater numbers but it's been a while since I did a batch).

If you guys are interested let me know, and I'll work on some mock-ups and we could put a poll up of what shirt design we do first.  Or I could just throw some simple ones together....

let me know.

Perhaps the DMF shirt should include some bacon....

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Dirteagle

The Monster rules the Toy Box

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 07:49:12 PM »

waytogo
Great idea, count me in. Hope there is enough interest to post designs for a poll.

It`s not what you ride, it`s that you ride!
2008 Monster S4rs Tricolore
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 07:51:58 PM »

I think you guys should check with the owners of the logo before you start making plans for using it.

Just sayin'

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »

Perhaps the DMF shirt should include some bacon....

Please, no.

Bun-bun

2002 M620 Dark ie

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 07:56:21 PM »

The company I use for t-shirts for my workers cost me $300 for 50 shirts, Gildan 100% cotton, pocket, with screenprint on front pocket and the same print larger on the rear. Someone shoot me some designs, or a voted on design, and I'll start the process.
Figure $6.50/shirt + shipping. Probably run about $10-11 each.
Lemme know.

"A fanatic is a man who does what he knows God would do, if only god had all the facts of the matter" S.M. Stirling
Clickjack

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 08:08:17 AM »

I think you guys should check with the owners of the logo before you start making plans for using it.

Just sayin'

I sent a copy to Speeddog (He was online at the time). letting him know what we are thinking.  Not saying we are going ahead with it, just seeing what people think.    I figure he could let the other powers that be know what we are thinking. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:01:08 AM by Clickjack » Logged

Clickjack

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 09:06:44 AM »

The company I use for t-shirts for my workers cost me $300 for 50 shirts, Gildan 100% cotton, pocket, with screenprint on front pocket and the same print larger on the rear. Someone shoot me some designs, or a voted on design, and I'll start the process.
Figure $6.50/shirt + shipping. Probably run about $10-11 each.
Lemme know.

I don't care if you guys use me or not, but Don't start anything yet.  We don't own either the DMF logo, or any of the Duc logos.  So take it slow.  And what ever you do... don't roll with a T-shirt that has a pocket. Also you have to count on packaging being about 1.50  shirt, and shipping being between 4 and 5 per shirt (US only). 

Mumbles

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »

I think there is plenty of interest in a DMF shirt. Get a couple designs out and lets have a vote. waytogo

96 Ducati Monster M900
05 CRF450 Honda
68 Z50 Honda Mini Trail
93 BMW 325I
Bun-bun

2002 M620 Dark ie

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 12:10:13 PM »

I don't care if you guys use me or not, but Don't start anything yet.  We don't own either the DMF logo, or any of the Duc logos.  So take it slow.  And what ever you do... don't roll with a T-shirt that has a pocket. Also you have to count on packaging being about 1.50  shirt, and shipping being between 4 and 5 per shirt (US only). 
Not gonna do anything without authorization from the owner of the logo, the flounders/mods, and enough interest to make sure I don't end up with a loss. I'd do it for cost, just don't need 45 DMF shirts right now!

Question: Why no pockets?

"A fanatic is a man who does what he knows God would do, if only god had all the facts of the matter" S.M. Stirling
derby

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 12:12:32 PM »

Question: Why no pockets?

pocket t-shirts are ghey....

i'd rather see crew-neck, v-neck, long sleeve, short sleeve variations.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
The Don

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 12:19:23 PM »

I would be interested in a shirt or two, though would I be able to get them shipped to Sydney Australia?
Just a thought, maybe you through an extra $5 for the cost of each shirt and give it to DMF for the upkeep of this sight.
Don

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something. - Plato
Danmack_98

'09 dark m696

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 01:39:44 PM »

I'm making my own shirt, but if the "powers that be" decide that shirts will be sold from this site (and the design isn't too crazy), you can sign me up for a couple.  The only reason I posted this thread was to hopefully get the ball rolling on this.  I think it would be great for the forum and all the members.  It wouldn't be a bad way for the flounders to make a few bucks either.  So if we can get some kind of go-ahead from the almighty ones, lets get this mother rollin'. drink Vino! Undecided Lips Sealed vomit

"That bike looks like if you knocked it over, it would stand itself up and kick your ass!!"
MTBryan

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 01:51:04 PM »

Dude! This is America! Make a nice product and make a profit. If you want to do it for fun, just a small profit.
So, if you make $1 per shirt and sell 20 million, you can retire!
Oh wait. I forgot about the demand side of the equation.
Smiley
Count me in!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: