Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 07:39:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2000 rebuild part suggestions  (Read 3262 times)
pitbull

« on: April 14, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »

The crashed 2000 900ie I picked up is apart, the engine is in being welded where it cracked at the rear bolt mount and the frame is being straightened where it was tweaked at the rear.  The tank and fender go to the painter tomorrow and I've picked up several of the parts I needed and only have a few things left to get. I'm looking for some replacement suggestions.

Does anybody have any ideas for the gauges (instrument cluster) or am I stuck looking for a used OEM set?

Does anybody have any suggestions for replacement front brake lines?, as the stock ones broke where they mount to the levers. Should I look for used used, stock lines or should I upgrade?

When I get everything back from paint and repair and start the rebuild, I'm sure I'll have many more questions to ask in the Tech section...........but I promise to post pics.

01 monster 900ie cromo, 01 ST4
weemonster
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 03:47:15 PM »

Ducati performance Frentubo kevlar lines are very pretty.
pretty expesive tho.
Markus

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 04:47:24 PM »

The crashed 2000 900ie I picked up is apart, the engine is in being welded where it cracked at the rear bolt mount and the frame is being straightened where it was tweaked at the rear.  The tank and fender go to the painter tomorrow and I've picked up several of the parts I needed and only have a few things left to get. I'm looking for some replacement suggestions.

Does anybody have any ideas for the gauges (instrument cluster) or am I stuck looking for a used OEM set?

Does anybody have any suggestions for replacement front brake lines?, as the stock ones broke where they mount to the levers. Should I look for used used, stock lines or should I upgrade?

When I get everything back from paint and repair and start the rebuild, I'm sure I'll have many more questions to ask in the Tech section...........but I promise to post pics.

You're likely to have a hard time finding used OEM gauges for your Monster as the 00-01 M900ie bikes used gauges specific to these years. The 900SSie tach won't work, although the speedo may. I looked high and low for a used tach to replace the one I damaged in a crash and eventually gave up and bought a NOS one. It was spendy, but it plugged right in. You may have better luck than I did finding used Monster gauges though.

If you end up looking to the aftermarket, check these guys out: www.motogadget.com. Their ChronoClassic is awesome!

2000 M966Sie
2007 ST3s ABS
www.eastcoastducaticlub.com
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »

Yeah, the 2000-2001 Tachs were single-fire, so any set up from years prior will only read 1/2 the RPM it should and later model years aren't compatible.

You might find one on fleabay, but I highly recommend the motogadget as it's a sexy beast.

I have one of the old octopod tachs, but I want too much money for it (because I don't really want to sell it  Grin )

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »

Hel brake lines

they run about $50 per line and you can get them in any color sheathe.. kevlar tubing, stainless webbing etc etc etc 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 07:05:53 PM »

I put a custom gauge on my 2000 M900Sie from Motogadget.

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
pitbull

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 02:02:34 PM »

You're likely to have a hard time finding used OEM gauges for your Monster as the 00-01 M900ie bikes used gauges specific to these years. The 900SSie tach won't work, although the speedo may. I looked high and low for a used tach to replace the one I damaged in a crash and eventually gave up and bought a NOS one. It was spendy, but it plugged right in. You may have better luck than I did finding used Monster gauges though.

If you end up looking to the aftermarket, check these guys out: www.motogadget.com. Their ChronoClassic is awesome!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the NOS unit? I did a little google-fu but couldn't find anything.

the ChronoClassic from Motogadget looks fantastic. Is it a fairly easy install?

Takster

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 02:12:04 PM »

NOS = New Old Stock.

'09 Monster 696
pitbull

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »

NOS = New Old Stock.

ahh......ok..........I thought it was a brand name of sorts........ I'm not always quick on the uptake

thanks

Takster

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 06:11:41 PM »

ahh......ok..........I thought it was a brand name of sorts........ I'm not always quick on the uptake

thanks

If it isn't a new rugged cologne for men, it ought to be.

'09 Monster 696
weemonster
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 05:27:21 AM »

i thought it was nitrous oxide.

i blame fast and furious.
Markus

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 06:57:27 AM »

i thought it was nitrous oxide.

i blame fast and furious.

Grin
Sorry, I don't have any experience with the Motogadget Chronoclassic gauge. I just really really like the looks of it. If I was in the market for both gauges after my smashup I have ended up with that one for sure. As it was, my speedo was fine so i didn't have an excuse. Wink

2000 M966Sie
2007 ST3s ABS
www.eastcoastducaticlub.com
pitbull

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 10:14:20 AM »

Grin
Sorry, I don't have any experience with the Motogadget Chronoclassic gauge. I just really really like the looks of it. If I was in the market for both gauges after my smashup I have ended up with that one for sure. As it was, my speedo was fine so i didn't have an excuse. Wink

actually, the gauges are ok..........it's just the housing that's smashed to bits.

I'm thinking some sort of custom housing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: