Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 01:43:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boot Sizing  (Read 5038 times)
Grappa

« on: May 09, 2008, 05:26:43 PM »

I wear a 10.5, occasionally an 11.  Got some Sidis in the mail today, euro 44, american 10, and they don't feel as snug as I had anticipated.  I tried on a friends pair of Sidis size 43 euro, broken in for 2 years, and they felt way tight.  How snug should your motorcycle boots fit?  Is it safer to have tight fitting boots?  More snug than regular footwear?  Is there a rule of thumb? 

Ahh... but the servant waits, while the master baits.

Sometimes Aloha means Goodbye.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 06:07:05 PM »

My current boots are a 42 Euro, and my regular shoes are around the sizes you mention, maybe closer to a 10.  Mine fit nicely snug, but don't pinch or put pressure anywhere ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
NAKID

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 01:22:50 AM »

I wear a 10.5 US and ordered my first pair of Oxtars as a 44. They fit great. Those got destryed so I ordered another pair of 44 Oxtars and these fit, MUCH tigher, even on the un-injured leg...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
mxwinky

'08 S4RS Tricolore #187, '95 900SS SP, MTS 1000S

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 07:53:28 AM »

There definitely doesn't seem to be any consistency from one manufacturer to the next.  For me I wear a size smaller in Alpinestars than I do in Sidis.  Go figure.  As for tightness, I guess it should be a bit snug and end up just right once broken in.  Might also depend on if you like to wear thick moto socks or not.  It's definitely something you've got to try on before ordering.

If it's got two wheels and a motor, I like it!
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 06:06:46 PM »

I wear a size 13 1/2 -14 street shoe depending the brand and type. I wear size 48 AlpineStars  SMX Plus  Racing which charts a 13-13 1/2 in the catalog ...but the size on the box they came in says 12 1/2. (I have bought 4 pairs at various times so it's not a box error I don't think) but they are plenty big enough. I just wear a medium thick sock most of the time ,thinner in summer,thicker in colder weather and they work fine. I think a boot should fit comfortably. Your foot is going to swell the longer they are on the bike in the boots. I bought a pair of 47 Puma Demos which are at best supposed to be 13s and when they came I was happy to find that they were plenty big enough. I have 7 pairs of race boots and 6 pairs I bought online. Almost all my gear I have bought online. I guess I've just been lucky when it comes to knowing what size I need from what Brand.

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
arai_speed
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 07:36:32 AM »

I wear a 10.5, occasionally an 11.  Got some Sidis in the mail today, euro 44, american 10, and they don't feel as snug as I had anticipated.  I tried on a friends pair of Sidis size 43 euro, broken in for 2 years, and they felt way tight.  How snug should your motorcycle boots fit?  Is it safer to have tight fitting boots?  More snug than regular footwear?  Is there a rule of thumb? 

How funny, I wear a 10.5/11 and my Sidis are 45 euro.  They fit like a glove...maybe I have fat feet.  Maybe you have thin feet and just need to wear sport socks?  That might help.

In my opinion, boots should be snug but not uncomfortably tight.  In the end, you want them to stay on your feet if you have an accident.
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 10:36:06 AM »

Sidi's conversion to US sizing seems way off in my experience (five or six pairs of Sidi road & mountain bike shoes, one pair of Vertebra boots). I wear a 41 in euro sizing for Sidi & between 40 - 41.5 with other manufacturers. Sidi calls that a size 7 US, but everyone else calls it an 8.5, which is my normal size.

I prefer a snug fit in both moto & bike footwear, with a thin sock.

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
ejw24

'06 M620 - The Radical Red Racer #2

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 02:38:02 PM »

Almost all my shoes are 10.5, I just bought a pair of Sidi Vertigos and had to go down to a 9.5 (43 euro) to get a good fit.  The Sidis in a size 44 were way too big even wearing thick socks.  For me the important thing is that your foot doesn't have too much room to slide around while wearing the boot/shoe. 

I'm having a failure to thrive...
Sgt_H

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »

I have a pair of SetUp boots (made by Sidi).  I used the exact conversion US 11, Euro 45 and mine fit great.  They were snug and stiff to start but are breaking in nicely.

Sgt_H
Banned
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 01:05:46 PM »

you're boots, if they are leather, should fit pretty snug to begin with. they WILL break in, and if they are large to begin with, they will be sloppy in a few months.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
bigtime

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 03:51:28 PM »

I have shoes and boots ranging from size 10.5 U.S. to 12 and they all fit fine.  In other words, shoe sizes vary and there is no rule of thumb you can follow.  Most manufactures or websites give sizing charts for a particular line.  You should trace both feet on a piece of cardboard and accurately measure in inches and cm and then follow the guidelines provided.  Go with the bigger foot and when in doubt trace and measure twice.  I did this for my Sidi Canyons and I nailed the fit.  When in doubt, call the customer support for help.  www.newenough.com is very good and has great customer support. 

Not all boots will break in and loosen over time.  A leather work boot may have some give, but a well made motorcycle boot with adequate protection is not going to give.  My Canyons are reinforced all the way around and after a year there is no sign of any give .  If it hurts to wear for any length of time or when walking then it's too small.

The voice inside your head telling you to stop should not be trusted
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: