Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 07:13:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anniversary Gift Ideas  (Read 8575 times)
Stella

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 03:28:12 PM »

I stole a road barricade, painted it, and then moved it all around Emeryville, Berkley, and Oakland.  It had hearts, her name and I forget what else.  She almost wrecked the car!

From someone who teaches people how to save lives!   
That's hysterical (not to mention classic  and way  cool).   
Sure hope no one drove off the road where that barricade once was!

Congratulations to you and Laura!   applause      Vino!

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »

lol... i didn't pick up on that part of czaja's surprise  laughingdp
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »

Job security for EMS peeps  waytogo
EjGlows

'05 s2r 800

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 04:51:34 PM »

Can you get a tree planted on campus?  Maybe in a park you visit often?  Or how about a bench somewhere you've spent a few romantic moments?

*shrug* 

Congratulations waytogo

e
duqette

Does this bike make my butt look fast?

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 08:33:32 AM »

Your descriptions of your sweetheart could be describing me, so maybe this little story will help.... Couple years ago I had a "significant" birthday, and my dad wanted to buy me a "significant" gift. As the story was later told to me, my dad and his lovely wife went out shopping at the Gift Mart here in SF so he could look at fine jewelry. WTF? I don't even wear a watch! And you can't really wear diamonds and sapphires to the Saloon... His wife left him dithering over the bling and found a shop selling fine imported Italian leather and fur goods. Let me just say that the beaver fur and wool with leather trim reversible vest I got is AMAZING, and I wear it every chance I get.  waytogo waytogo Waaaaaaay better than diamonds.  Grin

I'm not saying you should get her fur, I don't happen to have any issues wearing fur, but I know some people do. But, a fine bit or imported-from-Italy luxury that's practical as well .....   Cheesy Yeah, baby!

"Youth is wasted on the young." --GB Shaw
ro-monster

mmmmonsterz...

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »

How about a donation to an organization promoting marriage equality in her honor?

1998 M900
1996 Suzuki DR650
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 08:50:55 PM »

Thanks for all the great ideas   bow down

We talked about my gift stress and Laura stated very firmly that she does not want anything.  I am making her a card and I will make a nice dinner.  Her folks gave us $100 to go out with!
duqette

Does this bike make my butt look fast?

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 06:34:04 AM »

Thanks for all the great ideas   bow down

We talked about my gift stress and Laura stated very firmly that she does not want anything.  I am making her a card and I will make a nice dinner.  Her folks gave us $100 to go out with!

Now that's the sign of a wonderful relationship!  applause  I predict for you many many happy years together.

And, oh yes:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!   Vino!

"Youth is wasted on the young." --GB Shaw
lauramonster
pissin' on this thread with your

Ride it like you stole it.........

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 12:55:12 PM »

How about a rain chain?  THey look pretty, and if there's a patio area, it would add to it's ambiance.
http://store.guttersdirect.com/rachcotu8fe.html
http://www.backyardbirdsdiscoverycenter.com/proddetail.php?prod=GD-466P

There's also a potting table.  It's a table with room under it for bins that store potting mix (trash cans work nicely Grin) and depending on the model, it can have an overhead shelf.  Usually plastic (rustproof) and durable.  Can fit in the shed, garage or corner of a patio.

If you're looking for something homemade, get tin cans, paint as you like, and nail them to a piece of wood so they stick out.  Hubby did this for me, and I store gloves, small tools & things in them.  Another homemade idea is to paint a bucket.  The idea is that when you come home, and are in a rush to get out to the garden, it's easier to grab the bucket with all the appropriate tools in one space - rather than to hunt around for whatever you need.  Kneeling pad, hand wipes, garden trowel, dandelion puller, etc - you get the idea!!

If you want something totally different - try Stan Dzedzy's pottery.  I have a mug of his for work, and I absolutely LOVE him (named him Hermie....he just looks like a Hermie).  He a local artist and does lots of things, not just dragons.  Really puppetteerish - these things have personality!!!!  Here's a link to some of his work at a showing.  Not sure how it order his pottery, but I've got his phone number and can call or go over to his shop, and mail it to you.
http://www.naplesart.org/photologue/gallery/2008/jun/10/art-park-march-2009/

Amaryllis are great!!  They come back each year and are an indoors plant.  Any other indoor plant would be good too!

How about going to a ceramic 'you-paint-it' place, and doing something personalized?  An anniversary plate, a you are loved mug, chip & dip set that fit in together and put her name on one, and your name on the other so the two of you fit together?

Do they make heated pads for the car?  I fell in love with the current car due to the seat warmers. 

Arrange to borrow a friend's garage (that has a drain) and give her a couple of carwash coupons from you.  Naked carwash coupons Evil!!  Soap, water and naked bodies....What could be better?

Frickin' snow!
'diction
the olde cat ma'lady

my rizomas

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 06:41:54 PM »

The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens
1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, CA 91108 Tel: 626-405-2100

it's where I learned that sprinkling a tobacco and water mixture over plants keep snails away.

read the fineprint first
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 10:11:41 PM »

We had a good visit in Oakland.  We ate, saw old friends, met new ones, and relived old times. 

I got a card and I gave Laura a coffee mug from Mama's Royal Cafe in Oakland.  The card cost more than the mug. laughingdp

For me the highlights were having dinner with my academic advisor from Mills and meeting Paula and Dave.  It was fun staying on campus and we spent about an hour sitting in the chapel talking about the past 17 years and what we hoped for the next 20.  I will be happy and content with more of the same.
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 02:47:59 AM »

Smiley
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 07:10:51 AM »

Mary, it was great to meet you too, so glad it worked out. Smiley

For those of you who don't frequent TOSAT, here's a picture of us from dinner - Jamie (Jammen), Mary and me.  Dave took the picture (he is a bit camera-shy).

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: