Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 07:12:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Often??  (Read 2509 times)
merkle
« on: May 10, 2008, 05:41:02 AM »

I travel around town alot during my job and I don't see to many Ducs on the roads of Colorado Springs.

So I am wondering, how often do you ride your Duc each week?

I ride mine every other day. I switch off with my GSXR 600, that way they both get ridden.
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 04:16:09 PM »

I'm not riding it yet. However I marked the darn near every day mark. Because once it is running it will be. I prefer to commute by bike. In addition to gas savings, I also think it's a fanastic way to start and end the day. Particularly if I've had a long or rough day then the commute may get detoured on the way home.  mo:t: Grin

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
campy

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 06:45:04 PM »

The S2R is a pretty fair commuter bike.  Light, maneuverable.  You're right about seeing very few Ducs on the road during the week.  My only wish:  Need a way to get some sexy - but functional - bags to make to/from meetings a bit easier.

steve
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 05:03:38 AM »

On my days off, I ride everyday so that is three or four times a week.  Rarely do I ride to work because I get off at 6AM and the exhilaration from the ride home keeps me from getting to sleep right away. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »

I don't ride much during the week, I try to save mine for weekend rides when I can actually put it in a corner and try to whittle down my "safety" strips.  I was lucky as  Evil that my wife let me get a brand new Ducati right before we had our first baby, so I figure I'd better take care of this bike, the next time I get one may be a long ways off!
Sometimes I think I should ride as often as possible so more people will see the DUCATI and come in to the shop and buy one!  But that's an uphill battle that only one man can't fight.
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 09:59:09 PM »

I only bring my 999 out of the garage for track days [moto], SoCo DOG rides waytogo and the occasional Friday commute Roll Eyes when there is no chance of hail or rain.  I've ridden the SuperBike through an evil Evil hail storm once in my life.  I hope I never have to do that again. 

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 04:18:07 AM »

Where is the "not nearly enough option"  Undecided

I'm a weekend warrior.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: