Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:42:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEED NEW FORK SPRINGS  (Read 3672 times)
onaboat

« on: May 10, 2008, 06:21:24 AM »

hi people, i remember reading a few post of people with 695's on DML (doodoo...now) having upgraded to Racetech fork springs but when i went to my local Racetech center (elk grove, ca), they told me Racetech didn't make anything for the 695 at all. With that said, for the people that had upgraded their fork springs for the 695 please chime in, i hate the stock forks, it dips wayyyy too much even with moderate braking. I don't have to have Racetech springs but thats the only company that I've come across.

I'm also in the market for new rear shock spring, I'm going to give Eibach a call but if you guys can chime in that'll be great.
fasterblkduc

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 06:25:21 AM »

In case no one gives you the part # you are looking for....

All that Race Tech needs is the dimensions on your spring and they can match it up with the spring that you need (correct spring rate) If you remove one, measure the outer diameter, inner diameter, and overall length. Call them with those dimensions.  wt:

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
MotoPsycho
General Nuisance and a

My Dream, my rules !

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »

unless the forks have changed in the past year or so, I thought the unadjustable forks from monsters for the past several years were the same internally. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Traxxion dynamics had springs for my '99. They're all about the same price too no matter where you get them from.

Edgar: '99 M750 - 2009 Indy Ducati Rat Bike Award Winner
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 09:21:06 AM »

Ive got a Racetech spring kit that I purchased for my non adjustable 2001 M900 forks.  Box says:  Part number FRSP S 3534 90,  Street/RR fork springs, 35.2 x 340 mm, 90 kg/mm.  I ended up mounting SBK forks so I never used them.

$50 plus shipping.....if you cant use them sell them for $50.

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
Dietrich

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 10:06:41 AM »

Anybody know of a website that has a chart/whatever to estimate the recommended spring rate for your weight/riding style/type of bike?

Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 04:41:21 PM »

http://www.racetech.com/evalving/menu/searchstreet.asp

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »

here's a thread about what someone added to their 620 in regards to suspension.
http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/showthread.php?t=173420&highlight=620+springs&page=4

Quote from: Zcat 07;2081666
OK, these are the specs for the suspension set-up I got at Duc Pond:

.95 kilogram RaceTech springs up front
10-weight full synth oil in the forks
550 lb. spring in the rear

Your results may vary, so bear in mind that this is very much rider weight- and riding style-specific. Again, I'm 5'11", 215# (w/o gear) and moderately aggressive riding style. Another way to go might be the adjustable set-up that Yuu mentioned earlier, if you don't mind or enjoy tinkering with the set-up. For me, the full re-spring + heavier visc. oil (along with a set of Pilot Powers) dialed everything in. Not sure about the cost, as I BYO'd a D.I.D. Professional 520 series chain, and a Renthal hard ano'd rear (stock gearing -- already have a 14T up front). Shop provided the springs, the oil, the Michelins... and the wisdom to figure it all out & strap it on with their usual high levels of dexterity & skill. If I had to guess, I'd say that suspension only came in at around $500, including P&L. If you're within a hunnert miles of Winchester, VA, Duc Pond is the place to go. Tell 'em Will sent ya.

essentially what I'm hoping to do to my own bike.  The forks are pretty much my only complaint on my 620.

Andy

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
mxwinky

'08 S4RS Tricolore #187, '95 900SS SP, MTS 1000S

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 07:58:25 PM »

And yes, the non-adjustable Showa forks on the 620/695/750/900, etc. are basically all the same so don't get caught up in the drama of not seeing the 695 specifically listed.  The other post was correct too, Racetech can match up any spring you need.  In fact I'd bet that a call placed to their tech line would get specific recommendations, no problemo.  Good luck & have fun!

If it's got two wheels and a motor, I like it!
mmakay

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 11:07:07 AM »

And yes, the non-adjustable Showa forks on the 620/695/750/900, etc. are basically all the same so don't get caught up in the drama of not seeing the 695 specifically listed.  The other post was correct too, Racetech can match up any spring you need.  In fact I'd bet that a call placed to their tech line would get specific recommendations, no problemo.  Good luck & have fun!

The 695 has Marzochi forks, not Showa.  I guess they MAY be the same, but I'd want to confirm it.

- Mickey
mangeldbug

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 02:32:09 PM »

Sonic Springs has a spring rate calculator too http://www.sonicsprings.com/catalog/calculate_spring_rate.php

2002 M750Si.e. "Senna" - Meravigliosa, Mera for short
2017 390 Duke Commuter
2001 XT225 Zombie Assault Vehicle
1987 YSR50 #116 race bike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: