Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 05:54:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just bought a track bike! '99 Yamaha R6  (Read 3856 times)
Dana

No good deed goes unpunished.

« on: October 25, 2008, 05:11:40 PM »

So before I lost my license, balled up my Ducati on the nearby mountain rodes, or killed myself doing both, I decided it would be best to take up track days as my fix for 'racing' and improving my skills. 

I thought about trailering my 996s, but it would be financially devestating if she went down on the track. 

Someone had a good condition R6 for sale on base and we worked out a reasonable deal.  I've already ordered some tires for it and will tear it down and go over it with great detail, making sure everything is torqued to specs and serviceable.

I will be taking it to Yamanashi to get started an will decide from there where else to go.  Yamanashi is right off the Chuo Expressway, so it only makes sense since I live about 20 minutes from the Chuo in Hachioji.  Plus the cost per day and track layout looked the most enticing.

Will post pics in a few days.

Our group has been kinda quiet lately, so maybe we can do a get together over some brews and dinner.

Dana

2008 Hypermotard
2007 CRF-450R SM (Track Bike)
1999 Yamaha R6 (Track Bike)
mihama01

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:55:53 PM »

Congratulations, I am up for any circuit riding, let me know when you plan on going.

I will be on my Monster, no track bike for me. (I was looking at the Triumph Daytona 675 though!)

If we get a third person responding (or more), let meet up and discuss

Red S4Rs, Tokyo
Dana

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 03:06:36 AM »

OMFG is this thing filthy!  I swear there was furball in the greasy mess that surrounded the front sprocket and kickstand and swingarm and EVRYTHING on the left side!!!

Slowly tearing it down and doing some old fashioned cleaning.

Dana

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 01:35:26 PM by Dana » Logged

2008 Hypermotard
slowpoke13

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 12:46:21 AM »

how goes the work?

Buddy of mine finally got his bike shipped over with his household goods and the thing was on its' side in the crate. He's not happy.

slowpokesan
Dana

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 05:26:18 PM »

Actually, was putting the fairings back on yesterday.  No joke, it takes almost 2 hours to put the fairings back on...including one of those funky undertail kits (a nightmare, but looks sharp).  I had new Pilot Power CT2's mounted and the rear kept going flat, so had a few back and forths to my tire guy to get it taken care of. 

The 996 has been winterized so this will be my warm day ride for the next few months.

I'm undecided if I want to run it naked at the track... we'll see!

Dana

2008 Hypermotard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: