Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 14, 2024, 06:19:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official NMMR Picture Thread, Baby!  (Read 86590 times)
Dusty
« Reply #390 on: March 30, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »

Yes, but the wind was hell. You ever ride your bike in a constant 20 degree lean just to keep the bike going in one direction?

Welcome to spring in New Mexico stud.  If you thought that was bad, you better tighten up your bra strap 'cuz there's more fun to come.
 [moto]
Kawboy

« Reply #391 on: March 30, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »

Welcome to spring in New Mexico stud.  If you thought that was bad, you better tighten up your bra strap 'cuz there's more fun to come.
 [moto]

BRA STRAP?Huh?        Tell me, what size bra does a DesertDuc wear??  Roll Eyes  Or did you mean jock strap?   Evil laughingdp

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advise.   (Bill Cosby)
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #392 on: March 31, 2009, 07:41:07 AM »

[moto]

that makes me think of that one trip u guys did and u said cominf back from AZ it was consistant wind and u guys were leaning like no ones bussiness  Tongue

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
kingbaby

« Reply #393 on: March 31, 2009, 08:08:29 AM »

that makes me think of that one trip u guys did and u said cominf back from AZ it was consistant wind and u guys were leaning like no ones bussiness  Tongue

It was like riding 300mls turning right in a sand storm the entire way.

DD, if you thought Sunday was hell, I've got bad news for you.  You might wanna go down a cup size.   Kiss

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Count Desmo

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

« Reply #394 on: March 31, 2009, 02:09:07 PM »

Ah yes, it's hard to forget the vigorous sand-blasting we received.
DesertDuc

« Reply #395 on: March 31, 2009, 07:13:13 PM »

DD, if you thought Sunday was hell, I've got bad news for you.  You might wanna go down a cup size.   Kiss

I guess so! This is my first spring here. At least I don't have to worry about all the damn love bugs, like we had in southern Georgia and Florida.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #396 on: March 31, 2009, 07:34:50 PM »

I guess so! This is my first spring here. At least I don't have to worry about all the damn love bugs, like we had in southern Georgia and Florida.
Hey DD,
We all face challenges involving the seasons...but being addicted to the passion of riding a motorcycle.... I can't imagine a better climate or crowd to persue my dream  [moto] [moto]
kingbaby

« Reply #397 on: March 31, 2009, 08:58:34 PM »

Funny how they call those little bastards "love Bugs".     It's like getting shot with a low pressure BB gun. I'd say more like Love gone bad.   cheeky

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Kawboy

« Reply #398 on: April 02, 2009, 05:29:09 PM »

BIKE RECOVERY 101

Got my bike recovered from the desert today.  After studying Google Earth pictures last night I was able to figure out how to get to it, which sandwash to go up.

Heading out Northern Blvd

Heading down into the Rio Puerco Valley

Up the sand wash.  At some places just wide enough to get the truck through.  Here is one of the few straight areas.

Found the bike unmolested; not shot up; right where I left it.  I was able to get the truck to within 150 yards of where the bike was.

Bike recovered and ready to head out.

I had to climb these cliffs on my hike out.  At least 3 or 4 hundred feet high.

Back home again.  Upon looking at the bike, the countershaft sprocket bearing is destroyed.  Hopefully nothing internal is destroyed also.  I'll have to yank the engine and split the cases.

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advise.   (Bill Cosby)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #399 on: April 02, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »

Nice job Kawboy and futhermore thanks for the pics  waytogo
Let me know if I can  be of any assistance getting it running again.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #400 on: April 02, 2009, 07:42:02 PM »

Okay, I kind of believe you now, even though 3 or 4 hundred feet seems like a slight exaggeration.   laughingdp  When I saw that sand wash, I had a flashback of one time at Elephant Butte when I got totally stuck in a Sentra.  I dug sand for hours before a park ranger saw a sign I had hiked up to the road to post for assistance.  She actually pulled me out even though it was not their usual custom.  I think she felt sorry for me when she saw how much sand I had dug and how little progress I made.  I was filthy.  It was a valuable lesson in off-roading on the north side of the Butte in a sedan.   Undecided  I am glad you didn't get stuck.  Glad you have your baby back in your garage.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
TheMav

Flux capacitor capable

« Reply #401 on: April 02, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »

Ahem.....this is for both Bonfy and Kawboy:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

That is all........

There is no such thing as natural selection...only a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.
Kawboy

« Reply #402 on: April 02, 2009, 10:38:15 PM »

Okay, I kind of believe you now, even though 3 or 4 hundred feet seems like a slight exaggeration.   laughingdp  When I saw that sand wash, I had a flashback of one time at Elephant Butte when I got totally stuck in a Sentra.  I dug sand for hours before a park ranger saw a sign I had hiked up to the road to post for assistance.  She actually pulled me out even though it was not their usual custom.  I think she felt sorry for me when she saw how much sand I had dug and how little progress I made.  I was filthy.  It was a valuable lesson in off-roading on the north side of the Butte in a sedan.   Undecided  I am glad you didn't get stuck.  Glad you have your baby back in your garage.

You "KIND OF BELIEVE" me.  Even with pictures!   Angry  "3 or 4 hundred feet seems like a slight exaggeration" !!  You like hiking.  Guess what you're going to climb when you get in the area again.  Evil  laughingdp   Well, maybe the 400 is a little high, but 300 is not. 

Now about your off roading attempt in a NIssan Sentra   . . .    WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!  laughingdp  Well, we all have "OH SH_ _" stories to tell and we'll probably have more in the future, too.  You're not living until you push the limit a little bit.   

TheMav

Flux capacitor capable

« Reply #403 on: April 03, 2009, 05:44:26 AM »

I know how to settle this: 

You two need to square off in Thunderdome (dramatic music now pays).

There is no such thing as natural selection...only a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #404 on: April 03, 2009, 10:29:05 AM »

laughingdp  applause

Yeah!  Bring it, Kawboy!!!

Okay, I totally believe you, you climbed straight up an 800 foot cliff in cardboard riding boots, then fenceposted for thirteen hours to the main road, whereupon you hitched a ride out.  My story pales in comparison!   bow down  My dilemma was self-induced, but in a pitiful attempt at self-defense, let me say that my Landcruiser was inoperable at the time, due to a thrown rod.  So there I was down at the lake,  in a Sentra, on what had been a road at one point, but gradually merged into more and more sand.  I couldn't turn around and when I attempted to blast through it, the eight inch clearance of the Sentra didn't give me much room before I was sunk in deep.  Stupid girl....  I think I was shoveling with a piece of cardboard and my gloved hands.   Using towels for rugs for traction.  Pathetic.  I am sure the ranger was impressed at my ingenuity.   Embarrassed

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: