Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 09:19:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 28th Cycle World International Motorcycle Show; 1 November 2008; Phoenix, AZ  (Read 2073 times)
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« on: November 02, 2008, 03:22:38 PM »

So yesterday I checked out the second day of the opening weekend of the International Motorcycle Show.  I enjoyed myself, but was expecting much more.

Some disappointments?  No Ducati 1100S to be seen.  No Buells to demo ride.  No Aprilia presence at all.  The historic bike displays, while cool, were missing some models that should have been there.  R100S but no R90S?  No Brough Superior?  No Crocker?  And on and on.

Parking was ample.  Weather was great.  And the Progressive Insurance Girls were, er, ah, persuasive.  Yeah, that's it!  Persuasive!

The demo ride tents were oustide and thus were free.  Just about all the manufacturers were giving demos, except Buell and Aprilia.  Ducati was there in force if all you were interested in riding was the Hypermotard.

Here are some snaps.

Motocycle parking outside the home of the St. Louis Cardinals.

The Ducati Motard Demo Tent

The Spyder demo line up.  The Spyder has a V-Twin Rotax enging, and makes a great second car!

Some more Spyders.

A new V-Max waiting for a demo rider.  When an old guy (even older than ME!) got on, I told him to watch out that he didn't hit the button that transformed it into a jet fighter.  He didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

An RC8 waiting for a rider.  It was very popular.

The Christian Motorcycle Association ran the cloak room.  I wish more moto events had cloak rooms.

Heading down the Tunnel of Heros...

...and out onto the floor.

Your working boy being fitted for custom iPod helmet speakers (the ear wax removal was just an added benefit!).

Roland Sands Design (RSD) was out in force.  Here are three of his customs.  I'm not even sure what models they are, but I like 'em all.

RSD

RSD

RSD

The RSD Hypermotard

RSD Twin Cam custom

RSD Glory Stomper

Bronze sculptures by Jeff Decker.  I met Decker at a show in Ventura and got to see his very cool Crocker bobber.  I love his work, especially the Board Racing stuff.

Jeff Decker

Jeff Decker

Jeff Decker

Jeff Decker

Jeff Decker

Here's a really old (20's?) H-D that looks ready to ride.  The outside of the engine looks to have original patina, but the running gear/drive line etc. looks new and functional.

Old H-D

The 1100 Monster looks, well, underwhelming to me.  Maybe I'll like the new style when they pop a Testastretta mill in it (or whatever they finally do with it).

1100 Stats

1100 Tank Emblem (id est decal)

The Progressive Insurance Girl!
Ahhh...the redemptive qualities of Beauty!

Sweet Ducati Thumper at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame display.

Happy Guy sitting on a track only Carbon Fiber RC8.

No video capabilities in my Pentax K20D, so I shot some stunters in burst mode and made an animated gif instead.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 03:31:38 PM by NorDog » Logged

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 03:26:54 PM »

Most coolness!  Thanks for sharing!  waytogo

• 2006 Ducati SportClassic 1000
  • 1978 Yamaha GT 80

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: