Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:34:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Killed the Electric Car?  (Read 6560 times)
abby normal

jesus is coming ... look busy!

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 05:45:20 AM »

check out aptera in carlsbad CA ... should be available end of this year in either full electric
or strong hybrid.

then the GM Volt is due in another year or so.  battery technology is the key.  no one wanted to have a
car on the market before the batteries were ready.

1990 851 bp
2004 S4R
1997 YZF 1000R
1987 NT650
2010 BMW s1000rr
2013 848 evo corse se
Le Pirate

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 02:16:55 PM »

the aptera is a car I've been keeping an eye on. I think it's kinda neat looking too (though some others might not agree). too bad we don't get these cutting edge type cars out here in texas  cheeky

Kaveh

Dirka Dirka

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »

If I had the money, I'd get a tesla...they look great and are fast Evil
http://www.teslamotors.com/

I live in San Carlos, CA (Tesla's base) and I see those cars zooming around every once in awhile  Cool  Defintly really cool cars, fast and maintaince free!  I would definlty be rockin' one of those if I had that kind of cash  Evil

The first clue to knowing if it's a Tesla or a Lotus is the lack of tailpipe, then when the light turns green, very little noise  Smiley

NuTTs
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 11:09:23 PM »

A buddy of mine had an electric Ford Ranger and loved it.

Ford made him give it back. Angry
Probably under the pretense that "we'll never run out of gas" or political pressure. Either way, it's a real shame as it could have been a very good alternative.
I live in San Carlos, CA (Tesla's base) and I see those cars zooming around every once in awhile  Cool  Defintly really cool cars, fast and maintaince free!  I would definlty be rockin' one of those if I had that kind of cash  Evil

The first clue to knowing if it's a Tesla or a Lotus is the lack of tailpipe, then when the light turns green, very little noise  Smiley
If we could get these in Europe, I'd buy one.
Kaveh

Dirka Dirka

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 12:28:48 PM »

Here's a review and drive test from Jay Leno:
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=229378

il d00d
something something something something

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 01:11:42 PM »

That was a good movie, but I was a bit disappointed by the conclusion they came to:  it was everybody's fault.  They were probably right, but there was no conspiracy theory money shot, so to speak.

Tesla motors has some good info about "well-to-wheel" efficiency on their site .  Still not carbon-neutral, but a big improvement.  I don't cherish the idea of driving an appliance (unless it's a ridiculously fast appliance), but electric seems like the shortest distance between two points - it scales more easily, we can make energy production cleaner, and it takes us out of the crossfire a of geopolitical issues.
Now that I think of it, why won't every electric car be equally fast?  Aside from weight, I mean...
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »

Anybody seen any Electric Motorcycles? The biggest issue is that they are so silent... it ruins the fun of having a loud bike.  Grin  You can core the exhaust all you want and it still wont make any noise. he he he.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 01:23:28 PM »

Anybody seen any Electric Motorcycles? The biggest issue is that they are so silent... it ruins the fun of having a loud bike.  Grin  You can core the exhaust all you want and it still wont make any noise. he he he.

baseball cards and a clothes pin

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
Ducatiloo

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »

CycleWorld was saying they should play a recording of the bike sound.  So you could go from a 4 to a twin anytime you wanted.
kinda lame but better than the sound of an electric motor in the wind  shhhhh [moto] shhhh

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
Triple J
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 03:14:39 PM »

Until most power doesn't come from Coal electric cars only move the pollution from the tail pipe to 300 miles down the road.
Out of site out of mind. 

Not really.  It's easier to control and capure/prevent pollution from a few large sources, than from hundreds of thousands of tailpipes.

Agree that they won't prevent pollution entirely though...not by a long shot.
NAKID

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »

http://www.killacycle.com/

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: