Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 07:42:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 monsters in the top 10!  (Read 1737 times)
fasterblkduc

« on: November 04, 2008, 09:38:48 AM »

Just thought you guys might be interested in this. Some press from RRW today. This is the overall expert and novice points championships for the CRA. I'm 5th on my 620 and both 8th place- Ward Jensen, and 9th place- Todd Counters were also on Monster 620s...not too bad for a girls bike.
I ended up winning three class championships, a second and a third in two other class championships...now it's white plate time, and I have to find two seconds somewhere to run with the fastest experts   Not sure how, but I'm going to give it my best.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=34915

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »

Congratulations on your excellent season.
Well done!
 Vino!

1999 900 SS i.e Track modified (right side)
fasterblkduc

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 03:39:22 AM »

Thanks Ulf!  chug

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
bluemoco
I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

'04 M800i.e. on a no (carbon) fiber diet.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 09:13:43 AM »

Very, very cool, Gabe!  Sounds like you had a helluva good season.   bow down   chug

Good luck finding 2 seconds, though...  bang head  laughingdp   

"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy." - Donnie Wahlberg in "The Departed"

"America is all about speed.  Hot, nasty, badass speed." --Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
fasterblkduc

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 10:40:20 AM »

Yeah, I know it will be tough. But, I'm pretty sure I can do it. I had goals before each race weekend this year to take time off of my laps and had Mark Miller coaching me along the way. Each weekend, I picked a new corner or corners to work on and was successful at meeting my laptime goals each time. I know where I can make up two more seconds (at least), it's just getting over my fear of turn 7 and 8, and staying on the throttle all the way into 9. (like Duhamel does there  Grin) If I just do those things, I will make up two seconds easy. Everywhere else I'm pretty strong. I was able to outbrake most of the experts after I finally upgraded my brakes Roll Eyes I'm also working on some bike upgrades that should help a lot.

Gridding with the experts will push me harder. It's a lot easier to go faster when you have someone in front of you that you want to pass, or a fast guy right behind you. laughingdp So realisticaly, I hope to be fighting for the win after about my second race weekend as an expert. (that's my personal goal)

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: