Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:06:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: best grip stuff for side of tank?  (Read 5063 times)
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« on: May 10, 2008, 04:21:57 PM »

I want some grippy stuff I can cut and fit to the sides of the tank for some grip for my highside leg when at the track (and otherwise general hooning around).

Any preferences?

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 05:07:05 PM »

Stomp Grip is the bizness.  They probably make a kit for the Monster already, but if not they sell it by the sheet so you can cut it yourself.

edit:

Yes, they do make a monster model and here it is... http://www.stompdesign.com/stompgrip/street_ducati.asp
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 05:10:52 PM »

Thank you , Sir.   I had heard that name before but forgot enough of it to find it again.  Knew someone would know right away.

Love this place   Grin

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 05:23:02 PM »

check out this place too...

http://www.techspec-usa.com/gs/ducati.html
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 09:04:11 AM by hydra » Logged

S4 Foggy- tires, battery...
'04 BMW Boxer Cup Replika (R1100S)
BE WATER
Jaman

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 06:01:14 AM »

I just put techspec on &  waytogo

Ordered the snakeskin, general sheet, & cut my own...

(thanks for the tip laura!)
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »

Stomp Grip is the bizness.  They probably make a kit for the Monster already, but if not they sell it by the sheet so you can cut it yourself.

edit:

Yes, they do make a monster model and here it is... http://www.stompdesign.com/stompgrip/street_ducati.asp

Stomp Grip is the bees knees.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
knightrider

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 05:43:23 PM »

i ordered the techspec last week and just put it on today, and its awesome, i got the high fusion, and its awesome, i like the low key look, more so than the snakeskin look.  i did have to trim it as i think my older monster has a sharper corner on the front of the seat than newer monsters, but it was easy with a nice sharp pair of sicsors.  it also came with a tank protector as well from the same material.

1994 M900
speedevil

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 05:43:40 AM »

Does the stompgrip wrap around the monster tank so that you don't need a separate tank protector?  If not, has anyone cut a piece to fit between the side pieces?  I like that it's clear and doesn't cover paint/decals.

Dale

"when the going gets tough, just downshift"

2004 KTM 950 | 2006 Goldwing | 2007 Ducati M695 (sold)
Ivan

Turn 3 at Streets of Willow

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 07:05:49 AM »

i ordered the techspec last week and just put it on today, and its awesome, i got the high fusion, and its awesome, i like the low key look, more so than the snakeskin look.  i did have to trim it as i think my older monster has a sharper corner on the front of the seat than newer monsters, but it was easy with a nice sharp pair of sicsors.  it also came with a tank protector as well from the same material.

Pictures please?   They don't show what the tank protector looks like on their web-site, does it cover a large area or is it just a thin strip??

Sold: 2007 S2R1000 for canyon carving and commuting - DP ECU, PCIII, BMC air filter with open box, Zard full exhaust, Race-tech fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, and a Penske 8987 triple clicker

2000 996XU (extra ugly) for track days - BST carbon wheels, Ohlins shock, reworked fork, FBF exhaust, and a bunch of megacycle rocker arms. The rest of it is junk - Hey, I'm just happy that it runs...

Sold: 2002 Aprilia RST1000 for touring - De-restricted airbox, Taylormade Racing exhaust
Heath

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 07:11:29 AM »

Pictures please?   They don't show what the tank protector looks like on their web-site, does it cover a large area or is it just a thin strip??

http://www.techspec-usa.com/gs/tank_protector.html

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
Ivan

Turn 3 at Streets of Willow

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 07:16:20 AM »

Thanks, don't know how I missed that.  If it was a snake it woulda bit me.

Sold: 2007 S2R1000 for canyon carving and commuting - DP ECU, PCIII, BMC air filter with open box, Zard full exhaust, Race-tech fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, and a Penske 8987 triple clicker

2000 996XU (extra ugly) for track days - BST carbon wheels, Ohlins shock, reworked fork, FBF exhaust, and a bunch of megacycle rocker arms. The rest of it is junk - Hey, I'm just happy that it runs...

Sold: 2002 Aprilia RST1000 for touring - De-restricted airbox, Taylormade Racing exhaust
Red5

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 08:44:57 AM »

I just ordered the egrips/tank tredz for the new bodywork on my trackbike. 

The Stomp grip has those nipples that sometimes would snag onto the seams of my suit when shifting around the bike.  It didn't happen constantly, but it was noticeable when it did occurred.  It got to the point that it became a minor annoyance.

The egrip stuff is more subtle visually while performing just as well IMO.  Besides, the grip tape doesn't really come into play for me unless I do some hard braking at the track.

'02 Monster 750 Dark
'03 CBR954RR
'03 CBR600RR (track bike)
knightrider

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 03:13:57 PM »

thats the reason i went for the techspec high fusion. i also dont like the look of the stomp grip nipples, or the diamond snake skin, the fusion looked a little like griptape for a skateboard from the website, but its accually like a wrinkle finish, and matches the dark color of my monster great.

1994 M900
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: