Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 22, 2024, 10:10:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What it costs to go racing  (Read 1462 times)
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« on: April 23, 2014, 07:35:46 PM »

Tweeted link from David Emmett, so I wager the article content is as reliable as one can expect:
http://www.superbike.co.uk/race-news/gbmoto-bsb-team-feature-the-real-cost-of-racing/

Pretty sobering numbers .  Tongue

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
HotIce

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 05:48:24 AM »

10K UKP for cleaning materials, it's a lot of brake cleaner! Cheesy
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 06:00:12 AM »

What is the 10k/day for testing encompass?  Paying for track time?

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:49 AM »

And consider this for a racing league that is basically in a country that is easily crossed within a day. Imagine the cost for AMA to have to travel across the US.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Triple J
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 07:46:16 AM »

That's a great article, thanks!  waytogo Sad to hear that riders are paid so little, or have to bring their own money.

This was funny:
If we win this year, you’ll need to wake me up somewhere at the bottom of Paddock Hill, I’ll have a hangover that’d drop a donkey.

Racing is pricey no doubt. Rumor has it that Ducati Seattle (through their Special Projects Group - SPG) spent around $50,000 last season to field a 2 bike team in WMRRA (Washington) and OMRRA (Oregon)...winning the #1 & #5 plate in WMRRA. Not sure exactly how they did in OMRRA, but I think it was similarly successful.

That's of course peanuts in comparison...but this is only club racing in 2 cities a couple hundred miles apart! No rider salaries, they didn't initially buy the bikes for the most part, etc. I think the costs are mainly entry fees, tires, mechanic salary and likely hotels, bike parts, some rider gear. Things like that.

Club racing doesn't have to be expensive, but it can be. I don't add up my receipts...that's the 1st rule of racing!  Grin
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:48:07 AM by Triple J » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: