Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 06:15:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the best rear stand for a 696?  (Read 10825 times)
gearhead

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 05:49:47 PM »

I found a small piece of 2x4 that I shove under the side stand to make it easy to put my bike on a stand.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:54:10 PM by gearhead » Logged
fletch696

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 11:31:30 AM »

I have the Pitbull forward handle rear stand. They are much easier to use compare to the regular rear stand. With the forward handle I can balance the bike by holding the left hand grip. With the regular stand you need to balance the bike by the tail where you have less leverage as you reach back to push down on the stand to lift your bike up.

With this stand you interchange the plate to make it a standard as well. The standard plate is an option

Any body have a part number for this stand?
JEFF_H

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 12:26:12 PM »

standard-  F0042-000
spooled- F0043-000
zedsaid

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »

I have the Pitbull forward handle rear stand. They are much easier to use compare to the regular rear stand. With the forward handle I can balance the bike by holding the left hand grip. With the regular stand you need to balance the bike by the tail where you have less leverage as you reach back to push down on the stand to lift your bike up.

With this stand you interchange the plate to make it a standard as well. The standard plate is an option

does the standard plate come with the spooled version? or do you have to order it seperate? I see them listed separately, but am hoping i can order the spooled version, and hold off on actually getting the sliders/spools for a bit. (besides, i understand that if i'm changing my own tire, i'm going to have to take the sliders off, then what would hold the bike?).

Red 696- You can call her Isabella.
Holden
Sausage Creature

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 06:51:15 PM »

does the standard plate come with the spooled version? or do you have to order it seperate? I see them listed separately, but am hoping i can order the spooled version, and hold off on actually getting the sliders/spools for a bit. (besides, i understand that if i'm changing my own tire, i'm going to have to take the sliders off, then what would hold the bike?).

Yes. The standard one I ordered (red rubber-covered handle in the back) has both on the same piece. You just flip 'em. Sleeper's is weird. cheeky

P.S. I donno why I would bother using the sliders as spools even if I had them (I have SpeedyMoto's sliders instead). I can imagine that the sliders would incur wear from mating with the metal.
Sleeper_I
cannot raise his

Live free and ride hard

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »

Yes. The standard one I ordered (red rubber-covered handle in the back) has both on the same piece. You just flip 'em. Sleeper's is weird. cheeky

P.S. I donno why I would bother using the sliders as spools even if I had them (I have SpeedyMoto's sliders instead). I can imagine that the sliders would incur wear from mating with the metal.

If you take a look at my picture the spool plate does not have a standard plate head on the opposite end. You might have a newer model. Zedsaid, you should check into this... might save you a few bucks if Holden is right. The standard plate was separate when I purchase my stand.

I lift my bike up quite a bit for chain lube and tensioning, cleaning and inspecting wheel and tire. Of course, you cannot remove the rear wheel while using the sliders / spools but for me removing the rear wheel for maintenance or mods is rare. Having spools is much easier to gauge than with the standard plate. I also lift my bike up every night and there's barely any wear or scratches to the sliders caused by the plate. I have the shop replace tires for me so this setup is safer, more convenient, and easier to use for me. Of course, YMMV.

rizduc
RIZDUC

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 07:44:05 AM »

Pit-Bull stands are the best way to go and the only stands we sell! We also offer free shipping if interested!

Do you have any in stock??  I didn't see it on the website??

1999 750 Monster Dark sold
2009 696 Monster Dark
Brooklyn, NY
Live Free & Ride!!!  Be Safe
w7ck7d

The DUCtOr

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 08:54:11 PM »

i use the ducati rear stand

09' 696 Black
94' BRONCO 5.8 EB
WOLFENSTEIN

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 07:26:11 AM »

I also use DP stand, rubber part for swingarm fits 100%, and it is very firm and stable.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:00:50 PM by WOLFENSTEIN » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: