Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 08:38:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you Veterans, those Serving, & those who will Serve!  (Read 1744 times)
webspoke

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 01:49:07 PM »

Cool EOD avitar!  Do have all your fingers?

Yup, and most of my hearing too  Evil  6yrs USAF EOD with a trip to the desert , before it got ugly.

Streetfighter 1098S
pipeliner1978
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »

Happy Veteran's Day, and thanks to all who served and supported!
calscrazy

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 05:53:27 PM »

i guess it's just me but yesterday was my second birthday (marine corps birthday 233 years of serious ass whippins being dished out) and today was veteran's day and the only people i heard from all day today or yesterday was family, friends i served with and you guys. NOT ONE make the beast with two backser at work said a damn thing about it. what abunch of ungrateful mutha's. anyway from all the vets i know a thank you to you guys is good people like you all that make it worth while and worth any and all sacrfices.

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
Ronr

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 07:30:17 PM »

I work with tons of vets at work.  I guess I don't really know what to say to someone in person without coming across kinda weird.  Know what I mean? 

Man, I've heard some amazing stories from some of these guys over the years.  One was a Bataan death march survivor, one was a Marine Raider who hit the beaches against the Japs and still had nightmares until he passed on.  Nobody can imagine what those very brave people went through.
fastwin
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 07:57:32 PM »

I still think of my 89 year old father in law who lived with us last year. He passed away in our home 2 days before Thanksgiving. That was a tough holiday. Tongue Decorated WWII vet. He hit Normandy Beach on D-day, then the Sicily (7-9-43) beach landing and another Italian campaign beach landing to top it off! Dumbass me can't remember the second one right now. Saw damn near all of his friends die. I posted this about this time last November on the old board but his favorite story was about riding an unknown Italian motorcycle around Italy after the dust settled. He said the Italian girls just would not stay away from him being an American liberator on an Itailian Bike!!! He loved telling that story!! When he walked through my garage he would point at the red 999 and ask if it was Italian. I would say yes sir and he would just smile!! I am sure thoughts of lovely, nubile Italian girls wanting a ride (and then some!!!) on his scooter roared through his brain! I should be so lucky to be 89 and remember stuff like that! laughingdp

Gob bless all our vets! applause... and my father in law.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:18:50 PM by fastwin » Logged
MurDuc

2003 M1000S

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 09:27:08 AM »

I still think of my 89 year old father in law who lived with us last year. He passed away in our home 2 days before Thanksgiving. That was a tough holiday. Tongue Decorated WWII vet. He hit Normandy Beach on D-day, then the Sicily (7-9-43) beach landing and another Italian campaign beach landing to top it off! Dumbass me can't remember the second one right now. Saw damn near all of his friends die. I posted this about this time last November on the old board but his favorite story was about riding an unknown Italian motorcycle around Italy after the dust settled. He said the Italian girls just would not stay away from him being an American liberator on an Itailian Bike!!! He loved telling that story!! When he walked through my garage he would point at the red 999 and ask if it was Italian. I would say yes sir and he would just smile!! I am sure thoughts of lovely, nubile Italian girls wanting a ride (and then some!!!) on his scooter roared through his brain! I should be so lucky to be 89 and remember stuff like that! laughingdp

Gob bless all our vets! applause... and my father in law.

Chiming in late... but that is an awesome story. waytogo

Murdoch
USN(Vet)

Master of Suds / LSD - Department of Hooliganism
bullethead

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 06:50:38 PM »

The best thing you can say is "Thank for serving." If its any consolation most vets don't know what to say back. Thanks for the Thanks or thanks for the support? Your welcome seems kind of wrong because I feel like I only did my part just like the people at home did their part. Aside from all that, thanks to everyone who served and everyone who supported. Hows that for a weird second post.

I work with tons of vets at work.  I guess I don't really know what to say to someone in person without coming across kinda weird.  Know what I mean? 

Man, I've heard some amazing stories from some of these guys over the years.  One was a Bataan death march survivor, one was a Marine Raider who hit the beaches against the Japs and still had nightmares until he passed on.  Nobody can imagine what those very brave people went through.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: