Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:01:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accidental wheelies?  (Read 13232 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 03:18:24 PM »

oh go burst my bubble that i had more HP now. but i did know i had less torque. cc=lb/ft.

please tell me it's still lighter or are they using british pounds to measure the weight now Wink
Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 05:44:09 PM »

Tell that to Pedrosa

He can't even do a proper wheelie dance (see below), that f'n humorless runt.  He just flips the thing over and is done.  Zero style points. 

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 09:36:39 AM »

please tell me it's still lighter or are they using british pounds to measure the weight now Wink

They've gone back to using stone and the Hundredweight benchmarks
He can't even do a proper wheelie dance (see below), that f'n humorless runt.  He just flips the thing over and is done.  Zero style points. 
Hurmorless?  I got plenty of humor out of that...  I might only have laughed harder if Hayden had actually smote him on the spot after there little '07 meeting...

That anyone 'we' know doing the dance?

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 01:18:43 PM »

That anyone 'we' know doing the dance?

Nah, it's the same AFM class that DanTheMan and I raced in, but from five or ten years back. 

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
DucofWestwood
NOT tweeting photos of my

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2008, 03:29:11 PM »

I did it.  Very first day I commuted to work on my bike.  (Prior to that the only riding I had really done was in a parking lot.)  Riding home at rush hour on Santa Monica Blvd.  Accidentally stalled coming away from a stop-light, with a long line of cars behind me.  Got really nervous, heart racing, blood pressure rising, managed to find the right controls to restart the bike, let the clutch out too quickly (due to my nerves), and up goes the front end.  Freaked the hell out of me.  All was fine though, the front wheel immediately came back down and I rode off.  But for the next week or so I got really nervous anytime I had to let out the clutch. 

Haven't tried to repeat the experience and don't intend to anytime soon.

By the way, I ride what is (I think) the least powerful Monster ... a 2003 M620.  So it doesn't take much power to do it!

'06 S2R1k - black - SOLD
'03 620 - red - SOLD
----
yeah
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: