Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:02:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AZ riding verses ...  (Read 1777 times)
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« on: November 18, 2008, 02:48:53 PM »

Hey gang, just popped in to say hi.

I’ve often wondered what it’s like riding street down there these days. My dad's always telling me its too dangerous to ride down there.
Anyone want to chime in?

PS
I grew up in PV / Scottsdale and now live in SF, Cali. (This was when I used to get on my dirt bike on the east side of Camelback Mountain and ride on dirt roads/through vacant lots and make my way out to Pinnacle Peak. That was in the 80’s. You’d think I was talking about the 1880’s looking at it now. HA HA! )
I come to visit now and then, but I haven't ever ridden street bikes there.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 07:02:06 PM »

I'm probably skewing your data a bit; I'm up in Prescott so the seasons & driver attitudes are a bit different up here. But it is paradise...

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
pennyrobber

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »

I am a bit biased seeing as I was rear-ended and tumbled over the top of a car, but I would have to say that the drivers in AZ kind of suck. I would make the argument though that this is more or less universal.

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
DCXCV

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 12:42:19 PM »

Most people think the drivers in their own area suck worst - but that's just because those are the drivers that most often almost hit them.  I don't think people here are any worse than anyone else.  The one thing that bites is that the nice riding weather brings an extra quantity of fairly slow/inattentive cages (snowbirds).  Summer certainly isn't comfortable in traffic.  It's a lot more doable than riding in snow/sleet/freezing rain, though.

"I tend to ride faster when I can't see where I'm going. Everything works out better that way." -- Colin Edwards
NAKID

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 01:47:07 PM »

I am a bit biased seeing as I was rear-ended and tumbled over the top of a car, but I would have to say that the drivers in AZ kind of suck. I would make the argument though that this is more or less universal.

I think I got ya beat Charles!   Grin

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: