Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 05:47:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2R 800 Brake Upgrades  (Read 11342 times)
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 01:49:41 PM »

Very true, that being said one nice thing about going w/ the GSXR forks is you get adjustability - which I believe the S2R 800's are lacking. 

-Adam

Exactly. But the you have to worry about all the other stuff like the shim kit and installing the correct spings for the bike/rider etc.

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
DrDesmo

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 02:05:16 PM »

Exactly. But the you have to worry about all the other stuff like the shim kit and installing the correct spings for the bike/rider etc.

True, but the springs are an issue that's the same for any forks, any bike, any rider ... You really think those non adjustable 800 forks are well suited for everyone and any riding style?  Of course not  [moto]

-Adam
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:08:18 PM by DrDesmosedici » Logged

'95 916
'12 800XC
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 02:22:37 PM »

True, but the springs are an issue that's the same for any forks, any bike, any rider ... You really think those non adjustable 800 forks are well suited for everyone and any riding style?  Of course not  [moto]

-Adam

Good point, but at least they are a universal fit for the S2R. I've been saying this since last year when I did Jewcati's GSXR fork swap, the GSXR forks are just too stiff for the S2R unless you respring them.

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
DrDesmo

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »

Good point, but at least they are a universal fit for the S2R. I've been saying this since last year when I did Jewcati's GSXR fork swap, the GSXR forks are just too stiff for the S2R unless you respring them.

Absolutely, when I took that thing for a spin it just about knocked my fillings clear out ...

-Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
Xiphias
'06 S2R800 - Black/Tang (sold); '07 CBR600RR - Red. '09 R1 (Stolen).

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »

Guys...thanks for ideas...I'll be busy on ebay.

Rob

Hi-ho-hi-ho....its off to the track I go.................
Wanwo

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 08:51:46 PM »

The lines have to be changed also.  Different lengths and ends.

So all I need is the rotors, lines and calipers? I can still use my coffins?
DarkStaR

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 09:06:46 PM »

So all I need is the rotors, lines and calipers? I can still use my coffins?

Your stock master will work, but the piston is smaller (-1mm?).  This may make the lever feel a little "sloppier/spongier ". 

FWIW:  Others have done just that with little to no complaints though.

COWBOY

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 10:55:46 PM »

you don't need to change your coffins if you don't want to.  I ran them for 2k and they did fine.  My move to radials came later as a why not mod as opposed to looking for something I wasn't getting (I got them for a great deal).

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: