Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 06:29:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension Tuning  (Read 28758 times)
whackie

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »

sounds like there's a suspension party or something...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2010, 09:24:49 PM »

2 six packs will be enough considering that they have to be at least Bitburger, Sierra Nevada Glissade, or Guinness.  Also any grunt work of adjusting rear spring tension will be the owner's labor although the proper tools will be provided.  I make absolutely no guarantee that sag specs will be able to be brought into spec for the owner/rider using stock Ducati parts. The superbikes and Streetfighters have somewhat of a chance but as for the 750 I believe we might be able to adjust some rear sag, possibly some damping but little cheap hope for the front unless an adjustable front fork was installed. Different options can be discussed of course.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Javamoose

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2010, 08:01:15 AM »

2 six packs will be enough considering that they have to be at least Bitburger, Sierra Nevada Glissade, or Guinness.  Also any grunt work of adjusting rear spring tension will be the owner's labor although the proper tools will be provided.  I make absolutely no guarantee that sag specs will be able to be brought into spec for the owner/rider using stock Ducati parts. The superbikes and Streetfighters have somewhat of a chance but as for the 750 I believe we might be able to adjust some rear sag, possibly some damping but little cheap hope for the front unless an adjustable front fork was installed. Different options can be discussed of course.

What, no Boddingtons on that list?  drink

Yeah, the front forks are the stock non-adjustable units.  Which, I'm sure after 17k miles are more than overdue for new oil...but at least the seals don't appear to be leaking.  Just getting the rear set-up properly would be a big improvement, imho.

2000 M750
DRKWNG
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2010, 08:05:14 AM »

IIRC, Jebus had some adjustable forks sitting around his garage...
Javamoose

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »

Oh reeeealy?  Evil  What from?  I hear the S*R ones are a direct bolt in...

2000 M750
DRKWNG
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »

I'm not sure what they are from, but you can ask him.  El Tristo has them.

And yes, the forks from an S?R will fit fine, so will the ones from a ST.  Actually, what year is your 750?  If it is one of the old old ones there might be an issue with caliper mounting points...
Javamoose

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2010, 10:37:56 AM »

I'm not sure what they are from, but you can ask him.  El Tristo has them.

And yes, the forks from an S?R will fit fine, so will the ones from a ST.  Actually, what year is your 750?  If it is one of the old old ones there might be an issue with caliper mounting points...

It's a 2000...single caliper/rotor up front.

2000 M750
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2010, 09:13:10 PM »

Didn't we install those on his bike? Unless he had another set? Which come to think of it he might have. Wasn't there some issue with the two sets that led us to favor one over the other? 

Plus, I have a stock rear shock from a Monster 900 that's still in good shape. It might be beefier than the stock 750. I dunno. I suppose we could always check part numbers between the two bikes to see if they use the same shock.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:16:22 PM by mac900 » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2010, 09:30:05 PM »

Yep, he had an extra set laying around.  Trey was looking at buying them, but then decided to start spending all his money on flying lessons instead.  Kids...   Roll Eyes
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2010, 06:26:52 AM »

sounds like there's a suspension party or something...

More something than anything else I suspect.  Did you ever get your steering damper installed?

DRKWNG
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2010, 06:53:26 AM »

Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned something. 

And I seem to recall someone giving Anne a bit of grief for not having installed said damper yet.  Wink
whackie

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2010, 01:59:08 PM »

More something than anything else I suspect.  Did you ever get your steering damper installed?

lol, no  Roll Eyes

i think this saturday i might actually be free. next week my bro is getting married, the following i'll be in LV for track school, the week after that we're flying back.

n for the record, he said he wouldn't buy more parts until its installed.  Tongue
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »

lol, no  Roll Eyes

i think this saturday i might actually be free. next week my bro is getting married, the following i'll be in LV for track school, the week after that we're flying back.

n for the record, he said he wouldn't buy more parts until its installed.  Tongue

Well for goodness sake bring that thing down here and let's throw it on.  BTW, I am super envious that you will be running the S1000RR around the track. So take notes, OK?

whackie

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2010, 09:27:46 PM »

Well for goodness sake bring that thing down here and let's throw it on.  BTW, I am super envious that you will be running the S1000RR around the track. So take notes, OK?

what time u gonna be at the shop? i can come down with it.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2010, 12:17:05 AM »

From somewhere around 10:30 am onward to about 1:30PM. Weather permitting. I was supposed to bring in a Hypermotard to get a safety check. It's raining right now on the windward side & there's been too much wine, beer, steaks and chicken and veggies and the stupid motard needs a battery charge cause it hasn't been seriously ridden in months. Don'cha know that I wait unitl midnight to fire the sucker up and it won't crank. My bike starts of course, and if all else fails, I'll bring it in. Got to find a charger for the HM in the AM before I get breakfast. If you'll knew how long it took to write this in decipherable english you would be still laughing. I will be there, no matter, so come on down.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: