Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:36:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension Tuning  (Read 27837 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2010, 10:56:28 PM »

For the way any of us ride if we can get a good sag adjustment then I'd say we are good to go from there. I can look at the notes but I seem to remember that we did OK with the Steerfighter rear shock but the front forks were a tad on the stiff side.

I think you are correct Sir... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2010, 10:05:48 AM »

thinking about a Hyperpro Combi kit (fork & shock springs) for the SF, anyone have any experience with progressive springs?

http://www.hyperpro.com/

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2010, 11:20:03 AM »

thinking about a Hyperpro Combi kit (fork & shock springs) for the SF, anyone have any experience with progressive springs?

http://www.hyperpro.com/

what's your opinion on this set up Rick?

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2010, 11:44:55 PM »

Depends on your riding style I guess.  When I was discussing the front fork set up with the guys at Dan Kyle they were asking what type of riding I did most. Was I cruising around, you know ride down to Starbucks and hang out for a while and then cruise back home? Or was I pushing it hard and riding like I stole it? If it was just cruising then they recommended the linear spring. If I was racing then they recommended the progressive spring. I had to tell them I would cruise to Starbucks and hang out for a while but then go out & ride it as hard as I could sometimes.  laughingdp

We settled on the progressive springs for the front. Never had that type of conversation regarding the rear spring. I like them just fine. Ben never liked progressive springing in the mountain bikes he rode but this might be another element and he never had any complaint about the front end of the 848, at least not that he expressed to me. Emile didn't have any negative comment either but he also liked the front of the 1198 just fine too and I don't think that bike is equipped with progressive springs but then I really don't know 100% for sure one way or the other on that part.

I didn't see Streetfighter options listed on their website.

The only real reason to change anything though is if there is a real problem or a hindrance to the way the bike is responding.

We could and should do the nylock tie strap test to the front forks and see just how much travel is occurring while you ride. That would tell us more about how well it is set for you.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:47:28 PM by mac900 » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2010, 08:00:23 AM »

I didn't see Streetfighter options listed on their website.

The only real reason to change anything though is if there is a real problem or a hindrance to the way the bike is responding.

We could and should do the nylock tie strap test to the front forks and see just how much travel is occurring while you ride. That would tell us more about how well it is set for you.

Bellissimoto carries the Hyperpros, I emailed them and said there is a SF application...it may be the ones for the 1098/1198, as I understand they use the same Showa forks.

I'll do an initial ziptie test on my ride this morning...appreciate your assist in working this thing out... waytogo

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: