Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:11:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~~~~Official SoCO Dogs Say Anything Thread~~~~  (Read 52587 times)
DucatiTorrey
My wife's super hero is my

Industrial Designer

« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2010, 04:40:42 AM »

while trying to find a "back way" to cripple creek, i noticed you can go south of Pikes Peak via Bicycle, but it doesn't seem to connect for cars.

bicycle version
http://tinyurl.com/267u69k

anyways, anyone familiar with this road? looks super twisty and fun but no idea if it is dirt

car version
http://tinyurl.com/2emmh6t
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:43:06 AM by DucatiTorrey » Logged

- real place
J_Slyter

« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2010, 08:00:20 AM »

Wow, that brings back memories. That route uses Gold Camp road. I took a VF750 Honda Sabre that way about 20+ years ago, it was dirt then and I don't think anything has changed. I seem to recall them closing part of it because of an extremely wet summer a few years back, but I think they fixed all the washouts. Beautiful route and a car/truck should be no problem, but then again I haven't taken it in a long time. Kids like to go up there (at night) in the summer. Every now and then you hear of someone putting a tire off the edge of the road and rolling down the mountainside, so be careful if you head up there.
DarkDuc696

« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2010, 01:28:50 PM »

That road is definitely still dirt. I dont believe that way is open to cars anymore, but you can take a bicycle or even dirt bike that way.
DucatiTorrey

Industrial Designer

« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »

thanks for the info.

Got my plates today, already took her through GOTG and out 24 past Manitou Springs. I'm gonna love this place.

- real place
DarkDuc696

« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »

Just wait till you take your first deckers run. Quick to get started, lots of fun and easily repeatable for a nice long day.  [moto]
mytduk
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2010, 04:17:19 AM »

Just a word of caution for DucatiTorrey, the road to Deckers is great and riding to Pine Junction is great also. But the road to Deckers can and usually does have some sand on it especially once you get past the forest fire burn area. I think it is called Westcreek. The road from Deckers to Pine Junction always has sand on it summer or otherwise..  I spun my Subaru out on corner going to Pine Junction once and it was becasue sand was all over the road. I think it was near Buffalo. It was not winter either.

MYTDUK
DucatiTorrey

Industrial Designer

« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2010, 11:10:50 AM »

thanks for the heads up. Riding to Denver tonight, visiting fam for the rest of the week, and dropping the monster off at Erico. Who knows when Ill get it back, Not sure ill have a ride back up there till maybe end of next week.  Roll Eyes

- real place
mytduk
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »

The area right out of Deckers for a few miles is really bad becasue it is very narrow and car/trucks pulling trailers drag the sand up on the road. It is also bad in the summer when it rains becasue the rain washed the sand across the road.  It is just bad. But that is probably good advice on any road in Colorado after it rains and for a few days after.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »

Yeah, so don't ever even think about riding anywhere in Colorado.   popcorn

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2010, 04:25:06 AM »

There are a few things to be aware of, at all times of the year. Sand, Rocks, Animals, People, Winnibago, Tourists taking pictures while standing in road, Lance throwing things at You, Flat tires, Seized engines, running out of fuel,Squids, other bad riders, etc, etc. Thats all part of The Rockies Riding Experiance, Enjoy It. Oh I didn't mention You WILL get rained/snowed on at any time, around ANY corner!!    'Bout sums it up, Ok Let's go riding this Sunday... [moto] [moto]

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2010, 04:48:04 AM »

There are a few things to be aware of, at all times of the year. Sand, Rocks, Animals - including, but not limited to the very rare DucMouse, People, Winnibago, Tourists taking pictures while standing parked in the middle of the road, Lance throwing things at You such as Flat tires, Seized engines, Squids, other bad riders, etc, etc., running out of fuel, Thats all part of The Rockies Riding Experiance, Enjoy It. Oh I didn't mention You WILL get rained/snowed on at any time, around ANY corner!!    'Bout sums it up, Ok Let's go riding this Sunday... [moto] [moto]

Just a few edits, K-Man.  Grin

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2010, 05:26:06 AM »

Well, I didn't wan't to scare Them off, Jerry.   How's Ya been doin?....

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2010, 05:37:03 AM »

That is why I did not mention just how vicious the elusive ducmouse is.  Evil

Not to mention more frequent sightings of the desmodevil.  Shocked Evil Evil Evil Evil

And then there are Multistrudle riders.  Wink

Been good.  Looking forward to being home!

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
J_Slyter

« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »

And definitely watch out for any Subaru's that have spun out.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:04:43 PM by J_Slyter » Logged
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2010, 10:15:02 PM »

And definitely watch out for any Subaru's that have spun out.  Grin

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up