Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 12:53:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1999 M750 Rear Brake Pads  (Read 3032 times)
Smiling End

« on: May 12, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »

So, I need to change my rear brake pads.  Anyone know where I can get a standard replacement? 

I read the Haynes manual for replacing them.  It seems pretty easy.  Does anyone have any experience doing it?  Is it as easy as basically popping out a pin, pulling the old plates, popping new ones in, putting the pin back in the caliber?  I've changed brakes on cars before but never on a bike. 

99 M750 Dark
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:40:01 AM »

So, I need to change my rear brake pads.  Anyone know where I can get a standard replacement? 

I read the Haynes manual for replacing them.  It seems pretty easy.  Does anyone have any experience doing it?  Is it as easy as basically popping out a pin, pulling the old plates, popping new ones in, putting the pin back in the caliber?  I've changed brakes on cars before but never on a bike. 

Pretty much, if you want OEM pads you will have to get them from a dealer. 
i use EBC HH on mine.

As far as changing them, you got it.  Careful not to loose the little E clip.  Oh, the shims (if still there) won't work with most non OEM pads.
Hank

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:50:20 AM »

Pull the pin, squeeze the pistons back, and slide the new stuff in.  You'll want to hook up a hose to your bleed valve and open it so the fluid can go somewhere. 
When I changed mine, I didn't know about pulling the pin.  I just pulled the whole caliper off and tried pulling the pads out.  When they wouldn't come out, I examined it and found the pins.  Wish I had known about it earlier  Tongue

'00 Monster 750 Dark
Current mods: K&N and removal of the intake silencers,  AFAM 14 tooth front sprocket.  Termignoni high mounts <---Best mod yet!, Evoluzione slave cylinder,
NEW: removed dinky plastic covers and emissions canister for moar n00dity!
"I like my women the way I like my roads; with plenty of curves!"
ScottRNelson

Mr. Dual Sport Rider

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 10:10:43 AM »

The only step missing from your list is to pump the brake once it's all together, until it's all firm.

You don't want to realize that you missed that step when you suddenly need your rear brake.

Scott R. Nelson, 2001 XR650L, 2020 KTM 790 Adv R, Meridian, ID
Smiling End

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 11:29:38 AM »

Thanks for the info guys.  I'll be giving it a shot in a few weeks.  I'll post my *hopefully* smooth and easy experience.

99 M750 Dark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: