Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:34:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POD Filter Q re: battery tray options  (Read 2997 times)
dlearl476

« on: May 12, 2008, 09:23:54 AM »

So I'm contemplating losing the airbox on my '99 M900 w/FCRs.  Anyone know of a slick solution for the battery tray/coil and solenoid mounting?  Prefer something more elegant than hacking the OEM box up with a Dremel.  I'm thinking of something along the lines of the TPO stealth license plate bracket.  (Hint, Hint, Allan cheeky)

If there's nothing available, can someone build it if I design it?  I'm thinking of a simple aluminum plate, laser or water cut, with a simple 90 degree bend.  I can mount the nutserts, etc.

Maybe it's time to buy that sheet metal brake i've always wanted.   Grin
Grappa

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:46:22 AM »

So I'm contemplating losing the airbox on my '99 M900 w/FCRs.  Anyone know of a slick solution for the battery tray/coil and solenoid mounting?  Prefer something more elegant than hacking the OEM box up with a Dremel.  I'm thinking of something along the lines of the TPO stealth license plate bracket.  (Hint, Hint, Allan cheeky)

If there's nothing available, can someone build it if I design it?  I'm thinking of a simple aluminum plate, laser or water cut, with a simple 90 degree bend.  I can mount the nutserts, etc.

Maybe it's time to buy that sheet metal brake i've always wanted.   Grin

Take a look at this guys bike for some inspiration.  I believe his battery tray is aluminum, with the coils mounted on the front of it.  http://m900.blogspot.com/  It's a beautiful project, be prepared to fall in love.

Ahh... but the servant waits, while the master baits.

Sometimes Aloha means Goodbye.
dlearl476

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 10:08:57 AM »

Take a look at this guys bike for some inspiration. 

Yeah, I've seen it before and it is some of my inspiration.   Not only a beautiful bike, but well photographed and a great site as well.

I'm thinking along those lines, but I want to get it water-cut so I can lose a lot of the flat space and just have material where it needs to be.  The only thing that really needs to be strong is the coil mounts.  I'd also like to incorporate the OEM rubber bottom if I can.

Think this for the battery.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: