Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 17, 2024, 07:19:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local mods  (Read 3571 times)
Ontario_Monster

« on: March 11, 2009, 08:43:44 AM »

Ok so I'm in year 4 of owning a Duc, actually on the second one, had a 05 620 dark loved it around town but on the 400 series not so much, bumped up to an 07 S2r 800 last season (brand new last one in town), love it for commuting and on the highway.  Rode it all last season no real changes made to it, I park downtown and there are about 4/6 monsters in the same area, with most having minor mods.  Frame sliders, termi exhausts, bar end mirrors, but nothing that really jumps out as being a big mod, i.e full exhaust, or GSXR frontend, or even a tail chop.

So what are you doing this year?  Here is my list;

Whole new frontend from an S4RT including caliper.
New rear shock from same S4RT,
Steering damper (probably near the middle of the season)
14T sproket
New rubber all round, havn't decided on what I'm going to switch to yet suggestions?

Cheers and I hear it is going to get warm again soon!   

drink

Ducati ..... Ducati ..... Ducati ..... It just makes me smile!

Harley drivers in short/t-shirts/and salad bowls .... make me laugh.
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 10:25:17 AM »

Put on my sliders and mirrors last weekend.

I'm doing my tailchop this weekend.  Bought it from Monsterparts - Cookie1.  Sprocket change next service.

I totally want a full Zard exhaust, but not this year.

I'm gonna have a go at coring my cans sometime in the next couple of months.

I've seen probably about a dozen Monsters around downtown, about half half split between the new and old platforms.  I definitely like the pre-696 style waaay better.  Most of them that I've seen have been bone stock.  I guess we don't have the love affair with modifying machinery as do our neighbours to the south.  It's almost rare to even see cars with rims.

This weekend should warm up to rideable temps.  Sweeet.

Later, Donzo.

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
Ontario_Monster

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:56:49 AM »

Zard exhaust!   Grin  Have to admit I love the look of it, from the pics I've seen it looks great, still want to see the shifter side of the bike as everyone keeps showing the brake side.  Eurocorsa here in Toronto is the importer for Canada, they have them for about the same $$$$'s as I've seen them advertised in the US.  I want the full system, with the removable baffels (I like my old Italian neighbours and they put up with my bike because it is Italian!)

[moto]

Ducati ..... Ducati ..... Ducati ..... It just makes me smile!

Harley drivers in short/t-shirts/and salad bowls .... make me laugh.
Mountfort

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 03:38:27 PM »

I'm downtown too (2007 black s2r 800 at Duncan and Adelaide)  and just ordered a DP midpipe from Rev this morning -- should be here early next week. So far I have a 14t front sprocket, bar ends and a gubellini steering damper. Once the midpipe is on I will think about chopping the stock cans, but if I had the cash I would definitely get SilMoto silencers. Beautiful. Need to re-locate the plate ...   

'07 S2R 800:
14T; DP collectors; Gubellini damper; bar end mirrors ... appetite for more.
burt69er
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 04:40:46 AM »

Hopefully this year will be the year of the clutch.

I am thinking a Black Rizoma Clutch cover with Gold pressure plate, bike is black with white stripe.

Also love the shorty levers.

Last year saw:
Zards full system
Rizoma 851 mirrors
Carbon fibre heel guards, ignition module cover, front fender, Pipe guard, chain guard
Tail chop CW kit powdercoated
Rizoma Aero turnsignals for the back.

Got the 6000K coming though so might make a dent in the mod list.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: